Can you have one trigger point worse than the rest?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by andyM, Jan 16, 2003.

1. andyM

andyM New Member

I was just wondering if anyone has one specific trigger point that is by far worse than the rest?

I do have tenderness/soreness in many areas, but the points on my upper to mid back have ALWAYS been FAR worse than the others. Just wondering if anyone else experiences this or if people have pain equally distributed?

To be honest, I have hurt so bad for so long, the pain just pretty much radiates and I ache all over. I have felt this way for so long, I can no longer remember what its like to be pain free, and I sometimes forget I have the pain, because living with pain for me is like living without pain for most people. Does that make sense?

Love u all
    Andy
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm so use to having pain everyday,I think if it were'nt there,then i'd really be scared!!Odd huh?? Its just become a way for me~I'm not on the pity pot either.....its just the way it is. Pain is my signal I'm alive!!! Its funny because sometimes when I hear somebody (without our DD) complain of something hurting.(I chuckle inside and think to myself "you don't even know pain"). Take care~
    Best regards,
    Tracey
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Not all tender spots are created equal.

Love, Mikie
  4. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

Yes mind is the arm of all places.

Tandy you are so right, if most people only knew what real on-going pain is like they would totally understand........
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

My worst pain is exactly where yours is. I also have a 'second' runner up, that is my upper chest wall.

Yes, I know what you mean, I have lived with pain so long, that I wonder how I would react without it sometimes?? I mean to be TOTALLY pain free for a week! What a dream....

I do have pain in other areas, but the worst is the above.

I don't have spasms anymore(not for a longtime now anyway), and I am so grateful for that, the all the time pain, I can deal with. It was the spasms that put me out of my head.

Whoever said; 'when normals' say they have a pain, you think;' if they only knew'. I have thought that often about others who have a backache from too much gardening, or exercise that will be gone in a few days!

I don't really discuss my pain with many people, they don't really understand anyway. Its like whistling in the wind!

This board is a life saver, we all understand one another.

Shalom, Shirl