Can you hear your pulse in your head?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by twerp, May 10, 2004.

1. twerp

twerp New Member

I know this sounds weird, but sometimes, especially when I turn my head, I can hear a swishing sound in my head, like a pulse. I hear 2 or 3 beats, and then it stops. It's usually something I experience only once in a while, but this morning, it's every time I turn my head.

Thanks,
    Twerp
  2. AUNTPICKLE

AUNTPICKLE New Member

Whenever I feel that way my blood-pressure has went high. Have you had yours checked? Or it could be sinus problems if you head if full. Some things to check.

Peace
    Jan
  3. twerp

twerp New Member

My blood pressure is usually very low, and I've not had any sinus problems before, but there's always a first time for everything. I'll check these things out.

Thanks,
    Twerp
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You need to have your heart, blood pressure, sinus, and possibly your ears checked.

If you have been swimming, or got water in your ears that could be causing this. Fluid in the ears can drive you nuts!

Shalom, Shirl
  5. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

ALL... The above advice you received is good..

I don't really know if the pulsing is a result of these DDs or a problem that may be related... please check w/your Dr........... I only know that I feel & hear the "pulse beat" in my head...... In most cases .... more than you have had to experience....

Blessings , billcamo.
  6. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

My ears and bp are fine and especially when I have a headache I can hear a throbbing in my head, I can even see my hair moving at my temples it gets that bad.
    And at night when everything is quiet, believe me the pulse in my head sounds really loud and keeps me up ;-)
  7. slowden

slowden New Member

"Pulsatile Tinnitus" has several causes including CFS & FM as well as by Meds. Do a search with words "Pulsatile Tinnitus" brings up a lot of info.
  8. catsgalore

catsgalore New Member

Yes, I can hear and feel my pulse in my head. Sometimes it hppens when I stand up, sometimes it's when I first lay down. It just comes out of nowhere. My ears are fine and my blood pressure is about 95 over 70.

It's also a kind of "full" feeling- like pressure in my head. Sometimes my ears ring, sometimes not. But it happens almost every day. Docs don't know what it is, just what it isn't.?????

Namaste- cats
  9. twerp

twerp New Member

I should have mentioned that I am withdrawing from Paxil cold turkey (under a Dr's care). I've begun taking Wellbutrin. Anyway, I looked up Paxil withdrawal and saw mention of something called "zaps", described as shocks. One person said it sounded like a swooshing sound in her head. I think maybe that's what mine is, rather than a pulse.

Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate them.

Twerp
  10. spartanjt

spartanjt New Member

Twerp- Do you have any ear pain or discomfort along w/the pulsing?

JT
  11. stagename

stagename New Member

it's sinus fluid in my ears due to inflammation, due to migraine, due to FM. it seems to pulse with your heartbeat.

plus we're oversensitive to sound.
  12. twerp

twerp New Member

No, I don't have any ear pain or discomfort at all. Why do you ask (for future reference - you never know...).

Thanks,
    Twerp