Can you help me find a post re: shakiness inside?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by donna13210, May 25, 2003.

1. donna13210

donna13210 Member

A while back, some of us were discussing a strange feeling inside our torsos, a sort of shakiness or humming or like a small motor running. Mostly just in the chest/torso area. I tried a search of "shakiness" but couldn't come up with the string.

I had it for a long time almost a year ago, now recently IT'S BACK and I don't understand why. I'm not doing or taking anything new. I really dislike this feeling and, strangely, only notice it in the evenings.

If anyone can recall where I can look for these previous messages, I'd appreciate the info.

THANKS!
  2. donna13210

donna13210 Member

Maybe it is my meds.....I'll have to look into that.

It's just strange that I had this "internal motor" a year or two ago, then it went away, now it's back and I'm not on any new meds (except OLE, hmmmmm.......). It's a strange and annoying feeling.

I know we've discussed this topic before on this message board, but can't find it. Oh well.

Any other suggestions out there?
    Thanks

3. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Hi Donna,

I tried a few different word combos and I found the thread by searching for internal shaking.
    So type that into the search message space and you
    will get the thread that I believe you are referring to.

Lynn
  4. Lanie

Lanie New Member

I have this happen to me occasionally. When I asked my doc about it, he said it was because of the level of pain I was experiencing and that my body was reacting to that pain. Made sense to me since my pain levels were high.

Hope this helps a bit.
    Lanie
  5. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

6. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

7. donna13210

donna13210 Member

I did the search and got some good info. It's not the thread I was looking for, but it was worth looking into.

I have posted a message to "Lou" to see if he/she has had any luck determining what is causing it.

THANKS AGAIN!
  8. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

I searched under "Tremors", you might also try "Seizures"

Manwithfibro Parkinson's like shakes 05/14/03 09:28 AM

Does anyone get shakiness even when not hungry?

If I try to walk down stairs, my legs get wobbly and shaky.
    If I do any kind of weight lifting, I shake when releasing. This is even with very minor weights. It does seem like we are getting weaker.

Bizzare stuff. Anyone experience this?

Alert us BACK | REPLY

Molegirl
    (90)

Yep... 05/14/03 10:09 AM

Shaking/tremor is one of the symptoms I have that doesn't fit with anything, and the docs just kinda ignore it.

I have a tremor in my left middle finger that's there all the time (started when I had my first big crash a couple of years ago). And I often feel like my upper body is buzzing or vibrating, but it doesn't turn into visible shaking until I'm tired or stressed (even just a negative conversation will start me shaking, it's weird).

I also have the leg thing, upon moderate exercize my legs will shake.

I've kind of correlated the shaking to being warm...do you find that? If I take a bath I'll start shaking, too. That's one of the reasons I suspected MS, but all my tests came back negative.

One more thing: shaking/tremor is a symptom of hyperthyroidism, which is weird for me cause I'm hypothyroid...anyway, the thyroid meds did help my shaking for a while, but it has since come back.

~Molegirl

BACK | REPLY

achy-shaky
    (263)

My name isn't achy-shaky for nothing!! 05/14/03 10:09 AM

Yes, when I started getting tremor in jaw and hands plus an internal-like shaky feeling I went to a Neurologist who said I could actually have Parkinsons but wouldn't dx it until some time went by. A year later I was dx with FM and was told this is common because of the muscle weakness you can be shaky after doing any exercise or even without. So depending on what kind of doctor you see you may get different reasons for it. However, tremors from Parkinsons are a certain kind and a good neuro will know. I'm being treated by the neuro for restless leg syndrome also so I get checked every 4-6 months to see if I may be developing any true parkinsons and so far I'm not.

My legs are also very weak which can be from FM plus I have arthritis in hips/knees. Stretches and walking help me somewhat but don't always have the strength to do. My physical therapist says that if your muscles twitch or tremor a lot after lifing, you are lifting too much - I have difficulty doing two pounders so this is not unusual.

I've found that anti-anxiety meds like Klonopin help my tremors & good to ask your doc about.

Hope that helps.
    AS

BACK | REPLY

dorothy45
    (60)

Tremors my entire life 05/14/03 10:26 AM

I have had tremors forever. So did my Mom, and one of my younger sisters. I can remember in 5th grade, a boy use to call me "Nervo", because of my tremors. I have been dx several times by different doctors with Essential tremor. The neurologist told me it is a benign disorder, and has Parkinson like symptoms. My tremors get worse as I am getting older. I have been treated with beta blockers and small doses of nan anticonvulsant. I quitetaking them, because I have no energy, and caught myself falling asleep behind the wheel. The beta blocker is used for high blood pressure control, and my pressure became too low. My Dad took my pressure several times, and he said that I was "dead". By the way, he was not a medical professional, and he was joking around. My current docotr treating me for a mild case of bipolar, put me on some anti seizure medecine for my depression, and said the medecine should help my tremors. It has helped at all, and sometimes I think the medication makes the tremors worse. My whole insides feel like they are shaking sometimes. What bothers me the most, are the comments I get from people who don't know me commenting on the tremors. HOW RUDE!!

BACK | REPLY

STEFFI43
    (3)

TREMORS 05/14/03 10:26 AM

My left arm has muscle spasms. They look like part of a convulsions they make my arm shake so much. Anything like that?

Steffi

BACK | REPLY

COOKIEMONSTER
    (159)

Shake..rattte..& roll.... 05/14/03 12:33 PM

I have the shakes every now and then and I have to wait until they stop. Soon after they stop, my heart is racing so fast....that I have to take a deep breath

I notified my rhuemy and he prescribed Zonegram 100mgs. Rhuemy tells me that these are small seizures that we are having which is part of FM...and that this prescription will take them away.

BACK | REPLY

elbryan
    (55)

Stairs 05/14/03 01:48 PM

I can walk on flat ground without to many problems but stairs thats something I try to avoid whenever I can. When i do stairs my legs feel like they are going to give out. Going to Neurologist tomorrow to see if anything else is wrong.

BACK | REPLY

Loopyloo
    (154)

shakes 05/14/03 02:04 PM

Hi I also am very shaky especially in the morning and i also feel like i can feel my whole body shaking and the last5 weeks i have been signed off work with high blood presure and stress and i shake quite a lot at the moment even when talking to people makes me shake, and the top of stairs thing i feel like my legs will give way and i will fall i have to hold on and go down or up stairs really slowly
    Loopyloo xx

BACK | REPLY

jka
    (157)

yes 05/14/03 02:25 PM

my arms shake more then my legs.sometimes my hands shake so bad i can't hold a drink.my legs get a weak and shaky feeling if i'm having a bad day.just walking to the kitchen causes me to feel that way.

kathy c

BACK | REPLY

layinglow
    (729)

Shaking-- 05/15/03 01:34 AM

Yes, I have exactly the same symptoms, wobbly shaky legs. Arms that tremble if I try to pick up something--the weight can vary, it can be a thermus with coffee in it...something light enough, one wouldn't expect to cause such a reaction. Yes, I believe I am getting weaker, too.

I have also gone beyond just shaking and trembling, and was suffering from twitching which progressed to myclonic jerking. My arms and legs were first affected and would just wildly fly. Then my torso, neck, and head became involved. The best I can describe it, is to say it looks like a seizure, but I am concious at the time.

I take klonopin for this, now, and it has really helped with this, I can tell when the dose is wearing off as i begin to get shaky.
    You might want to read Dr. Chaney's article in the Library about "mini seizures", and klonopin therapy.
    Best wishes, ll

[This Message was Edited on 05/15/2003]