Can you help me...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Debra49659, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I am complying a list of methods that we can use for helping with the pain. Heating pads, etc.
    I want to use the information to put together a booklet for the FM/CFS support group that I attend locally.

There a quite a few newly diagnosed members and I'd like to help them the best I can, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, thank you, thank you,
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

What a nice idea. Hope you get lots of tips.

I have CFS and don't have any pain. I'm already cranky enough.

Good luck

3. outofstep

outofstep Member

Something that helped me were those microwavable heat wrap things-the "natural" kind (filled w/ rice or grains and herbs). The neck one was especially great since it's easy to keep on and relieves neck, shoulder and back pain. You can find directions online re: how to make them.

For more localized pain the stick-on heat patches that you can buy at the drugstore work well.

It's nice that you're putting this together!
  4. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Outofstep...I love those rice bag thingy's too! I'm always popping one or two in the microwave. I wish I could find one that covered the neck and shoulders and a little further down, like the upper back area. They help with migraines as well.

Rainbow...stupid question I am sure, but is the low pressure system when rain or snow is moving into the area. The last few days have been a bugger for me and we had some colder weather and rain come in a couple of days ago? Also I love the hot soaks too:) The tub in our flat is just a little too shallow for me though...I go to my mom-in-law's:)

Rock...I am happy that you don't have pain. I know that it can sometimes occur with CFS as well. CFS has its own bag of tricks though...I have FM/CFS so I can relate with you:) I am hoping booklet will help. I can remember always looking for extra ways to help with the pain:). Say hi to all on the porch for me:)

Thank you all for you help, any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated:)

5. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

-pain creams, such as Aspercreme and Biofreeze.
    -tens unit
    -moist heat w/ the heating pad (laying a wet rag underneath the pad).
    -cold packs
  6. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Sweetbeatlvr and Fibromickster, thanks for the suggestions. I use the Icy Hot to Sweet, it is a great way to get quick relief:) I forgot about that one!!

Fibromick...I would have never thought of the tanning booths! Great idea...and you get a little color too!

Thanks Again for all the help!!