CAN YOU PUT DISABILITY APPLICATION ON HOLD?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stinker56, Jul 29, 2006.

1. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I am considering going back to work soon. I may have a chance at a very good job with insurance and I really need the money and insurance. My question is, I am in the appeal process of SS with my appeal done in June of this year. I have been off work since Dec. 2004.
    Is there a way to put the process on hold without losing the application and having to start all over if I can't hold out to work?
    I am feeling pretty good right now but with this disease, who knows from day to day.
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Stinker56
  2. I dont think so plus also you are prolly feeling beter right now thinking you can dot this .Just remmebr the pain usally comes back. Ruthie
  3. Rose73

Rose73 New Member

I don't believe that you can put it on hold. I don't know where you are at in the process. It could take quite awhile. So things can change on you.

About working. If this job is full time, making a certain amount of money or higher, SS will deny you and say that you can work. You may be feeling better now, it could change if you start working. I understand the money part and the insurance need but they don't look at it that way.

I hope that there will be others that have ideas or info. But I know if you stop the process you will have to start all over.

Hoping the best for you.

Rose
  4. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

Once you have gone back to work, you have pretty much shown SSD that you don't need them anymore. And they are more than happy to see that!

I'd really think long and hard about doing this. If you really felt you needed to stop all work when you applied, have things changed so radically that you now feel that you can work, no matter what? Will your job be able to work around the issues that you might have with the disease(s) that you are dealing with?

I totally understand how hard it is to be without a job, while waiting years for SSD to make up its mind. But once you have gone back into the work force, and then decide again that you can't do it, you will have to start on page one all over again. And, it could be well held against you. I just had my hearing a few months ago, and believe me, the judge was NOT kind at all!!

Take care, and good luck with whatever you decide to do!! PG
  5. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Plus when you go back to work thats it.

If your FM and or CFS acts up again than you need to start over.Your new claim date would the day you stop this job ,not 2004.

I also would think hard about this.

I told my DH that I'm thinking of getting a job again.He told me come on there is no way you will be able to keep at it.After I thought about it hes right.

So think about it .Thats my advice.

Sue
  6. Lana56

Lana56 New Member

I don't think you can put it on hold at all.They will say you are able to work if you get a job.If you go to work and later you can't do it then you will have to start all over.It is a real risk.If you take the job I wish you luck and good health. Lana56
  7. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Very good advice! I wouldn't have thought of that.
  8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

stinker56:

When I stopped working I started theprocess with SS.
    Pretty much if you are employed they will say: No, you are able to work.

nyrofan
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

so if you can not do your job or get let go it works in your favor..been there done that...

sometimes you have to survive and if you give it a good try and they let you go for not being able to multitask etc...

it works in your favor...

do not worry about it...i had earned and tried my work attempts all while filing ofr ssdi..i won my case...

i would suggest try it if you can handle the job then great..

disabilitysecrets.com

and my attorney told me don't worry about it goes as work attempt...

i won

jodie

and yes the judge asked about it...i told the truth...

[ advertisement ]