Can you recommend a yoga CD?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twerp, Apr 20, 2006.

1. twerp

twerp New Member

Hi All, I'm shopping around for a good, gentle, slow moving yoga CD or DVD. There are so many out there. I'm hoping someone here has actually tried one and can recommend it.

Thanks & Hugs,
    Twerp
  2. achy

achy New Member

Cute nick...lol

I got one at Target..recomended by my Pain mgt. doc.

It's Yoga for beginners...put out by Gaiam.

I just started it...only got thru the first three moves and was worn out. Just do as much as you can and quit. And only every other day. Gotta start SLOW.

Good luck!
    achy
  3. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

Hi Twerp!

I have one called "Yoga for Healing" by Sarah Bates, who has had FM for over 20 years. It is geared towards people with FM, chronic pain, etc. I use this DVD and highly recommend it. It's very slow and gentle moving - plus she has a very soothing voice.

My hubby found it on-line, but I'm sure Wallyworld, Target or a bookstore may have it.

Good luck!

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki

(p.s. I'm still on what she calls the "bed/mat" session, but is still very good for you!)
  4. twerp

twerp New Member

I really appreciate your input. I think I'll look for both of these. They both sound good and that way I can have some variety.

I bought one CD, but it's not much good. Can't remember the name now, but I could not keep up with that lady! Sun Salutations indeed! That woman moved so fast, I just gave up and sat there watching her.

Thanks again!

Twerp
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I've been checking out DVD's from the library. See if your local library carries exercise DVD's. It's a great way to check them out before you buy them.

I have found quite a few that I WON'T be buying! My body just wouldn't bend that way! The next one I'm trying is Tai Chi. That should be pretty funny.

I'm still looking for one that's a good fit for me.

Do a search on Y-Dan. There's a good thread between Jeanne-in-Canada and pepper and several others. It sounds like a good gentle exercise.
  6. twerp

twerp New Member

I'll check out the Y-Dan thing, and the library is an excellent idea!

Hugs,
    Twerp

[ advertisement ]