Can you relate?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cuzi'mbroken, Jan 10, 2009.

1. cuzi'mbroken

cuzi'mbroken New Member

I suffer from FC and from CFS. I have about every possible symptom there is with FM. I get these episodes attacks, flare ups, etc where I have the fever, the burning heat sensation where I can't move and keep my eyes open. I have to lay in bed until it passes. I have a sick feeling to my stomach. Can anybody relate to these episodes that I get because I feel like I'm dying when I get these attacks.

ps. I feel alone can someone reply so I can get some type of relief.

2. skyeone

skyeone New Member

Hi Edith,

Don't feel alone in the pain you're going through. All of us here go through a wide variety of symptoms. I don't personally suffer from the fever part that you mention, but I do get burning sensations occassionally throughout my body. I used to have a lot of abdominal pain where I thought I'd die from nausea, my doc couldn't figure out what it was so she put me on Losec (sp?). Anyway, that didn't help and I had to get off it pretty quick when it was discovered that I had a DVT (blood clot). As it turns out, the pain and nausea were caused by nothing more than not having enough bowel movements. I had changed my diet and subsequently became regular, and the pain disappeared. Believe it or not, it took me almost a month before I even realized that the abdominal pain and nausea were gone! When I did take notice, I say back and thought about what had changed and clued in on the fact that I was having at least one bowel movement a day. I told my doc this, and she was floored! She couldn't believe that medication didn't help, but taking a good old fashioned poop was all I needed.

Apparently, when you don't empty your bowels fully, the back pressure pushes on the stomach and causes the nausea and overall sick feeling.

Take care Edith, I hope you get some relief soon!
  3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I was a bit like Skye, I never knew that not having a bowel movement every day was a problem. Try adding fiber and see if that helps with the nausea. If that doesn't seem to be the could be that the pain is causing the nausea as well.

Try treating the pain...I don't know if you have medication that will help but you can always try the old stand heat and/or ice. Sometimes FM responds to ice better that heat.

I'm sorry you are having such trouble but don't feel alone, we are all here for one another.

Gentle Hugs,