Can you relate?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cuzi'mbroken, Jan 10, 2009.

1. cuzi'mbroken

cuzi'mbroken New Member

I suffer from FC and from CFS. I have about every possible symptom there is with FM. I get these episodes attacks, flare ups, etc where I have the fever, the burning heat sensation where I can't move and keep my eyes open. I have to lay in bed until it passes. I have a sick feeling to my stomach. Can anybody relate to these episodes that I get because I feel like I'm dying when I get these attacks.

ps. I feel alone can someone reply so I can get some type of relief.

2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I have some of the same symptoms. The pain/aching makes me so sick. I do not get fevers. I know the dying feeling.

What kind of medications are you on? How long have you had this DD. What kind of doctor do you see.

I do get "hot flashes" which I think are due to the AD I take.

It can be frustrating and this is an isolating DD/ You will find lots of support here. It really helps.

Take care.

ETA Welcome to the board!!!

[This Message was Edited on 01/10/2009]
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

hi Edith welcome to the board.

Sounds like you are having a rough time. I totally understand where you are coming from. These flares are a nightmare.

Do you have a good doc? what things are you trying? med and supplement wise?

tell us a little more so we can help

4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Hi there and welcome
    I can relate to the HORRIBLE feelings. I have FM, so I don't get the fever, but I'll tell ya, I get the feeling that I cannot move, cannot exert one ounce of energy even walking to the bathroom.

Don't ask me how but I manage to work during the week, but once the weekend comes, boy do I crash. If I could stay in my jammes, robe and slippers 24/7 I would. I generally do not do anything but rest on the weekends. I really don't experience "flares". I do have worse days than others, but I would say that I hurt every single day and definitely worse at different times of day.

Do you have a support system? As gap asked, what do you have to help you through these tough times?

I know this DD can be very isolating. Even having a wonderful supportive family/friends/spouse/Dr. can still mean you are alone in your mind and body. Unless someone actually experiences what you go through it is hard to comprehend. Ya can't blame them.

Keep posting. There is tons of support here.
    Hoping you feel better and soon!
  5. tut90

tut90 Member

I have FM, arthritis and bursitis, and there isn't a day that I don't experience some type of pain in my body, and when I have a flare, forget it. For the past few days I have been experiencing alot of stomach acid, some type of fullness and discomfort. I just feel miserable.

Hope you get some relief soon. Just letting you know, you are not alone.

6. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

Yes , I can relate too.
    I have FM and arthritis and bursitis like tut90 has , and my typical day just automatically includes the achy pain part. I understand the feeling of dying too. If my worst days were my everyday(s) then I wouldn't want to move EVER ! : )

All the different things that you can have with Fibro. I also have , plus more. Don't give up ! There are wonderful people here who do relate so closely that it feels like a Fibro/CFS family ! In fact I think it is.

7. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Hi Edith. (What a lovely name...)

I can relate. I have CFIDS/M.E. and I get what I call "sick attacks." It's.. like an attack of the flu. I get a fever, I feel incredibly nauseated, the room starts to spin, the pain suddenly flares up, I have a headache, and every sound or light makes it worse because I just feel so horrible. Then in a couple of hours, it goes away just like it came. It's the strangest thing...

They usually happen when I'm under stress. I really hope you feel better soon... I've noticed that taking cold/flu medicine when I get these attacks seems to help. It makes sense, really. These medicines don't treat the cold or the flu, they merely make the symptoms better. So if you're still having the symptoms, it makes sense that the medicine would still work, right? Perhaps it might help you, too. Regular Dayquil for me. =)
  8. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I'm afraid I'm very much like you. I don't think there's one symptom of FM that I don't have. That along with Osteo, Hypothyroid, IBS, CFS, Reflux disease ...yada yada yada. I have been off work for 6 months now. Fighting with the insurance company for short term benefits.

I had an accident early last year that made my FM go into overdrive. It's like a constant flare now. I have the fever feeling, nausea, etc.

I wish I could offer some idea of how to get relief. My Dr. has me on a good regimen of pain meds to help, but you have to try to get your mind to a special place where you can handle it. I can do that some of the time.

Trust me, you're not alone.