Can you sleep for days????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Mar 20, 2006.

1. achy

achy New Member

I got 12 hours sleep Saturday night...I was so tired Sunday I slept ALL DAY.

Got up at 5:eek:opm and fixed dinner, yawning the whole time.

Went back to bed at 8:30pm and slept until 7:30 this morning....napped from 2-3:30.

here it is 5:45 and I'm ready for bed.

I'm sleeping my life away!!!!
    achy
  2. jole

jole Member

But actually, the sleeping does help. Yes, most of my weekends are spent that way. I work during the week, and by Friday night my body has reached it's limit. If I don't get my sleep over the weekend, I simply collapse and can't make it through the next week at work.

I say my life consists of work and sleep, and it truly does. Wish I didn't need the insurance and could quit so maybe I'd have a few hours of "real time".

Are you like this all the time, or just sometimes? Hope you have "good" days in between.

Friends - Jole
  3. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I am sleeping my life away as well.

I also work during the week. Get up at 6:30am and not home until 6:00 pm. I hurt all over when I get home, that I dont want dinner just my bed.

I cant wait for the weekends to sleep in. Saturday I still feel bad from working all week and Sunday I fell a little better, but then it is back to work on Monday. Work & Sleep is my life too.

If I didnt need the insurance I would also quit.

Glad to know I am not the only one that sleeps my life away.

Thanks for your post,
    cindy
  4. collegemom

collegemom New Member

I wish I could get sleep. My pain is so bad that I cant sleep. Wish there was a happy medium for both of us.

Tracy
  5. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I also work all week. I get up at 5am and slowly get ready for work. I get home around 6pm and I let the dogs out, then back in, feed them and the cats... occasionally I think about feeding myself, but I would much rather just sleep.

There have been quite a few times when I've let the dogs back out and have fallen asleep sitting upright on the couch and left the dogs out. I'm sure my neighbors love me on those nights.

Well, I guess misery does like company because at least I don't feel alone in this behavior.

Tigger
  6. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

I wish!!! Oh, just the thought of that sounds soooo good! I even have a brand new pillow top bed, that i just adore! It truly loves every inch of my being.... LOL*

Someone recently made a joke while we were out with a group of friends that he too thought he had FMS. I immediately felt myself get tense, as i do not find this a joking matter. He went on to say it meant "Fear of Missing Something".

I was still not laughing along with everyone else, and did not find his humor funny. However, after much thought I do think that little saying could very well be my motto for sure!! My parents had the worse time putting me to bed as a child, and they even joked about it over the years that i was afraid i'd miss something. Lack of sleep could very well be what lead to this DD in the first place!!!

But, i'm still green with envy of each of you! lol
    Sleep tight! & don't let those bed bugs bite!

TM~
    [This Message was Edited on 03/21/2006]
  7. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I do this when I get a flare. I can sleep all day, get up for dinner and then sleep all night. I do this sometimes several days in a row. Listen to your body. It needs rest.
    I know I feel like I'm sleeping my life away sometimes too.
    Hand in there!
    Dar
  8. achy

achy New Member

I'm still not slept out!! I slept 12 hours again last night, Got up at 8:00...and I am still exhausted.

I did go outside and tend to a few plants, but now I HAVE to lay down. My body just won't go anymore!!

To those of you that can't sleep, I'd gladly give you a few of my hours. I take flexeril at night and it really helps w/ sleep. I should take my low dose during day, but its just enough to put me out when I'm like this.

Hubby says to sleep all I need...evidently my body knows why. But he can't believe how mcuh I'm sleeping..I too am one of those that never slept long..too afraid I'd miss anything!!

Oh well...nap time - again
    achy