Can you stand one more question. Kinda gross.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Dec 21, 2006.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I know I've been complaining lately about all sorts of pains (in addition to the normal ones) so I hope you guys can tolerate one more.

Ever since I had the flu a couple of weeks ago, I've had bad tummy problems. I have also had unusually light stools. I know, I know. I'm going to go to the doc next week or whenever I get back from taking my son back to college.

I've got a form of collitis and IBS but this is a new one. The only time I see much color is when I have diahhrea. I the old IBS cycle - hard to go, diahhrea, and then the light colored stuff (blood - bright red too). It used to go in cycles of weeks but now it is days.

I'm sick of being sick. I hope I have not just formed some allergy to wheat and gluten - I googled light stools.
  2. ladykew

ladykew New Member

I don't know what it could be, but I did have that problem when I was having gallbladder problems. I ended up having to have my gallbladder removed and it was very diseased as well as full of stones.

Do you still have your gallbladder?

Best to you,
    ~~Lew
  3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Light stools are a sign of liver disease, amongst other things. You might get that checked.
  4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Try replenishing the healthy bacteria in the colon. "Probiotics" should contain several strains of Lactobacillius, Acidophilus, Bifidus...I think that there are 10 good ones known now.

Probiotics also keep yeast in balance and make systemic enzymes.
  5. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

are usually a sign that your liver is not working properly.

I would get your doc to run some liver function tests to make sure that is not a problem

Love Bunchy xxx
  6. Catseye

Catseye Member

You have to quit wheat and dairy, esp if you have IBS. I haven't been able to eat them since I got cfs. You have to eliminate them first to help figure out what's causing GI problems.

Light colored stools means there is either lack of bilirubin (part of bile) in them or alot of fat that is undigested. That means either liver, gallbladder or pancreas could be causing the problem.

If you have any blood in stools you really need to see a doctor right away. The GI group in the body can have things go wrong quickly and do serious damage if not treated right away.

good luck!

karen