Can you take Ambian with Neurontin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by polliwog, May 5, 2003.

1. polliwog

polliwog New Member

Just wondering? Polliwog
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This rolled over to Page 2.

BTW, a good resource for questions like this is your pharmacist.

Love, Mikie
  3. kgg

kgg New Member

My husband is a pharmacist and he says its ok. If you look at the ambien posts, I think it was mentioned that benadryl and ambien is not a good mix.

And that was good advise. Pharmacists are a great resource for drug info. Docs don't get much pharmacy in med school.
  4. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Yes, I take both.

best thoughts to all.
  5. dan0248

dan0248 New Member

Well I take 1200MG of Neurontin a day and I take a 10-MG tablet of Ambien at night and only when I'm real close to the bed; it is a fast acting medication. You should follow your Doctor's or your Pharmacist advise, now if you are like some of us that have mail order drugs and a Doctor in another town then if you might want to check out a couple web pages. There is help here but just to give you options is all.

These two drugs have real knock out punch. When I first started to take them it was funny for my son but not so much for me. I got up and got fully dressed at 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning and went out side. I have no idea what I was looking for and I looked around to see if any one else saw me out side. It's probably been 10 years since I have any dreams to speak of but after starting this Ambien, man I’m talking Major Space Cadet. I had one last night that so real the I got up and went into the Kitchen to check the other phone for Caller ID. I even call the people’s house this morning first thing to check on the lady of the house, she has cancer and the whole dream was about her and what she wanted me to do.

Just be safe, these drugs come with a cost and it’s not just monetary, I didn’t pay close enough attention or ask if you have small children and if you were married or what. The point I’m trying to get to is make sure another adult is with you for the about the week or so. This really gives your body time to build up a supply of it, however you say that it gets in your system, the word I was trying for was tolerance level.
    Just be safe, don’t mix them with anything. I don’t know if that has been any where near what you ask about, hope it helps.
  6. bwoodruff

bwoodruff New Member

I took them together for a long time with no problems - in fact I had great results and probably slept the best with that combination. (I just recently switched to Topamax in hopes of getting control over frequent migraines - so far, so good, unfortunately without the Neurontin I don't sleep as well. It's always something.

The Ambien/Neurontin combo does work quickly, so be sure you are ready for bed when you take it.

Good luck!
  7. polliwog

polliwog New Member

I appreciate all of your answers so much. Thanks Polliwog