can you take neurontin and topomax together

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sharon5650, Sep 4, 2003.

1. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

TODAY I WENT TO THE DOCTOR, AND NOW SHE HAS PRESCRIBED ME NEURONTIN 300MG. AT NIGHT BUT SHE DIDN;T TELL ME TO STOP TAKING 50MG. OF TOPOMAX. SHE ALSO PRESCRIBED PAXIL WHILE IAM ON 150MG EFFEXOR ALONG WITHVITIM B12 TWICE A MONTH NOW AND TO PURCHASE SOME MISCO IN A KOREAN STORE AND PUT A DROP IN MY SOUP OR JUICE EVERYDAY. SHE SWEARS BY IT, IT IS FOR THE IMMUNE SYSTEM. THANK=GOD ALL THIS IS COVERED HERE IN CANADA OR I WOULD HAVE REMAIN SICK. WHAT IS NEURONTIN ANYWAYS, I DIDN;T REALLY GET AROUND TO ASKING HER, I JST HOPE SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE IS DOING..........SHARON28
  2. Dar

Dar New Member

Hi,
    I toook both of them seperatley. Now the doctors wants me to take them together. The neuronton is basically the same as topmax, except you can take it as needed, where as the topamax is morning and night. The neurontin was givin to me because of pain and headaches. When I need to take more neurontin I can. The big difference is that neurontin can cause a weight gain, but I did not see any, the topomax usually causes you to lose weight. The neurontin is very safe, it will help with the zapping and tingling and biting feelings, along with real pain. Works great for headaches.
    Good Luck - Dar
  3. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

THANK-YOU I GUESS WE ARE ALL ON BASICALLY THE SAME SORT OF MEDICATIONS. TOPOMAX MAKES YOU LOSE WEIGHT AND NEUTONTIN MAKES YOU GAIN, WELL I GUESS ITS SORTS OF EVENS OUT, SINCE I WAS TOLD I HAD THIS DD. I HAVE TO WATCH EVERTHING I EAT ANYWAYS. AS I CAN N0T EXERCISE AS MUCH AS I DID, I USE TO BE A GREAT WALKER, I WALKED EVERYWHERE. AND I LOVED SWIMMING, BUT JUST TO READY TO GO TO THE POOL IS A CHORE. SO I COULD LOSE ABOUT 30LB. BUT LATELY I HAVE SUCH A CRAVING FOR SWEETS. THANKS SHARON5650