Can you tell me if this book is worth buying please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tammy21, Feb 28, 2006.

1. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

It is called Fibromyalgia for Dummies by Christine A.Adamec Roland Staud.
    or have you got another book in mind that would be better.
    Thanks

tammy
  2. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Please let us know what you think of this book Tammy.My favourite book is 'Fibromyalgia the first year' by Claudia Craig Marek, a specialidst nurse (& I'd had fibro 16 years before I read it!).
  3. Andrea4

Andrea4 New Member

i have this one. its pretty basic but a good read. i also have Fibromysalgia & Chronic myofasical pain by Devin Starlanyl (not sure if i spelled that right but its a really thorough book) and Chronic fatigue fibromyalgia and other invisble illnesses by K. Berne which has a great list of symptoms for fibro and cf. this one was the first one i'd gotten because i wasnt sure if i had fibro or cfs. i read this b4 while waiting for my 1st doc appt.
  4. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

everyone for your advice, as there is so many choices of books it's hard to know which are the best to buy. so will look into your suggestions.

Tammy
  5. Inishfree

Inishfree New Member

I have this book and I think all Doctors should read it. They might then have a clue about this DD
  6. Toga

Toga Member

It's a great reference, easy to understand and its great to refer other people (normals) to it because they can understand it easily also.

Toga
  7. janieb

janieb New Member

I read "What Your Doctor May Not tell you about Fibromyalgia." and thought it was terrific. Maybe you've already read it.
  8. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I really thought Devin Starnyls book, the Fibromyalgia Advocate has been the best book I have read to date. She says all the things that are going on with my body..then goes on to explain a lot of what people you deal with, medical doctors, dentists, etc should know in order to deal with you. The first time I read it..I thought , Wow, she knows exactly what I have!