can you use reg. meletonin as a sublingual?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sofy, Jun 25, 2003.

1. sofy

sofy New Member

Im seeking quality sleep. One post said if you wake up during night and take a low dose sublingual melatonin it will be fast acting and help you get back to sleep pdq. ??? I have some melatonin capsules. Can I open them and put the powder under my tongue and get the same effect or are the two made differently.

All the sublingual melatonin I looked up have artificial or natural sweeteners and my system wont tolerate either.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am not sure you can do that, but why not ask at the health food store you bought them from, or email the company.

There is one brand that does not seem to have all kinds of junk in it, its; 'Source Naturals', besides the Melatonin it has; sorbitol,mannitol,magnesium searate, stearaic acid, in mini amounts. They come in Sublingual. I break then in half and its fine.

I bet you are taking Twinlab, that is the only one that comes in a capsule that I know of, and I have tried a dozen brands through the years!

Pro Health also sells a sublingual, its also very good.

I go from one to the other brands, just in case I can't get one certain kind all the time.

You might want to ask a pharmacist too, they would know.

Shalom, Shirl