Can your muscles actually look different with FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Achy-shaky, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

In the past few weeks I've noticed that my right leg which has always been the one that gives me the most pain & stiffness but now it seems to have a slight risen area on the front of thigh above knee but not near the joint. It as if it's swollen & seems warm to touch like it's inflammed. I'm wondering if I should have it Xrayed since I know someone who got some type of muscle cancer in thigh area so don't want to take any chances on that.
    Any one else have this happen?

Still shaking in sunny california!!
    A-S
  2. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

In the past few weeks I've noticed that my right leg which has always been the one that gives me the most pain & stiffness but now it seems to have a slight risen area on the front of thigh above knee but not near the joint. It as if it's swollen & seems warm to touch like it's inflammed. I'm wondering if I should have it Xrayed since I know someone who got some type of muscle cancer in thigh area so don't want to take any chances on that.
    Any one else have this happen?

Still shaking in sunny california!!
    A-S
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

somewhat "rope-y" in my thighs and have been for years. One doc. said that this wasn't ususual in a connective tissue disease and could've been made worse by some of the steroids I had to take for inflammation. The risen, "rope'y" areas are tender to touch.
    Hope this helps!
    Be well,
    Kady
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

For your own peace of mind have them checked out. Mine get into knots, and are not warm to the touch, but they can be rubbed out with massage.

I don't have what you described yet.

HOpe you find out soon what is causing this.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. dlizard

dlizard New Member

has a big obvious knot!!! it is always warm to touch and has been there about 25 yrs LOL>>>> I have had knots in my legs that just spontaneously go away after having been there for weeks.... LOL>>>>> I'd have it checked for the peace of mind thing but its probably a knot LOL>>>> we do wierd things don;t we! Good luck!
  6. contessa

contessa New Member

I've gotten my FM diagnosis but it took 10 years. Doctor's think I'm a hypocondriac if I ask them to double check a significant pain or symptom. How many people are dismissed when a serious underlying condition is also present. Fortunately my tests have so far come back okay, but I still need my digestive system scoped, and my heart stress tested to rule out possible conditions. Getting approval for them is hard (even with family history of cancers/early heart disease). Yet my husband, whose family lives well into their 90's with no medical problems developed chest pains. He was immediately given an EKG, stress test etc. When I complained of my chest pains, one doc actually had to gall to ask me how my sex life was. (I was single and unattached at the time). The pig actually though a good bedding would cure my problems. What a world we live in, huh?
  7. eeyore

eeyore New Member

I DON'T FEEL LIKE I HAVE ANY MUSCLES LEFT! MY ARMS AND LEGS FEEL LIKE THEY JUST HANG THERE. MY RIGHT KNEE AND HIP GIVES ME ALOT OF PAIN BUT NEVER BEEN WARM TO THE TOUCH. GOOD LUCK WITH WHAT YOU CHOSE TO DO ALL, MY XRAYS HAVE COME BACK NORMAL (SURPRISE, SURPRISE)