Canada??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by halle00, Mar 23, 2006.

1. halle00

halle00 New Member

Morning

Im just wondering if there is many from Canada.

Does anyone know if they have a support group who meets on line?

Halle
  2. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I am Canadian but I now live in the US. I moved here to be with my hubby. I have seen a decent amount of people from Canada on here though.

Unfortunately I don't know of any support groups in Canada sorry.
  3. halle00

halle00 New Member

Well thank you for replying, im very suprised there isnt more Canadians??

thank you

Halle
  4. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Ontario here ........................ EH !

Fudge : )
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Hi Halle,
    I'm from Toronto. Nice to have you on the board.

Kathy.
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

There are lots of Canadians on this board.

I don't know of any online support groups in Canada. This one is the one a lot of us use.

Pepper
  7. Terry383

Terry383 New Member

There are support groups here but I have never joined. I know our tenant who lives in the apartment upstairs goes to one.

There are many on line support groups, all you have to do is put Fibromyalgia Sites and there are hundreds. Just have to wade through the fluff and stupid sites to find the good ones. I belong to 3 apart for this one. Some are 1/2 Canadian, others are international and others mostly American with a few of us Canucks thrown it.
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

When I was diagnosed 13 yrs ago, Dr. Hyde was no longer practicing. He was just doing research and his office partner, Dr. Anil Jain, had taken over seeing the patients. I did not see him for long but that's another story.

My husband used to work for the CBC and he met Dr. Hyde when he came into the studio for an interview. They chatted about me a bit but at that time I don't think that he was practicing or he would have mentioned it to my DH.

I just read on this site within the last couple of weeks that Dr. Hyde is seeing patients again. I had no idea!

So the short answer to your question is, no, I haven't seen him and with what I read on this board about how expensive he is I don't know if I ever will.

The wonderful doctor I do see is an hour away and he is treating me for Lyme and CFS and I will stick with him for awhile until I see what happens.

Are you thinking of coming back to see Dr. Hyde?
    Pepper

[This Message was Edited on 03/24/2006]
  9. Jordane

Jordane New Member

I am from Nova Scotia,Canada.
    Happy to meet you.
    Take Care !!!
    Jordane
  10. halle00

halle00 New Member

Thank you

Halle
  11. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I live in B.C. This is the best support group I have found, most informative and friendly. Marie
  12. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

Hi Halle Welcome......

I'm from Montreal, Quebec. I've been looking for a group myself...sorry I'm not so much help.

Sandy

PS. if you find one, can you pass it on to me...thanks, I'll do the same.
  13. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

I can think of at least 20 people from my city who pull the "oh I have that too!"

But none of them pop up here!

~Amanda
  14. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

there are several support groups in Ottawa. the Allergy and Envirnonmental Health Support Group is well established, pretty sure that's the name. There is also a Lyme support group that I think meets at my environmental doctor's office, Jennifer Armstrong.

Jeanne
  15. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Canadian here too, I'm from Fort Erie which is about 20 mins from Niagara Falls and 10 mins from Buffalo N.Y.
    Welcome aboard, this is the only support board that I have joined no physical support..except my hubby who is so very supportive and understanding hope you get all the anwers to your questions we are all here to help one another.
    Ann
  16. shanwill

shanwill Member

hi guys!
    i'm canadian too. it's nice to see there's a few of us here :)
    i've lived all over the place but have been living the past 2 yrs in stoney point which is between london and windsor.
    anyone else in this area?
  17. sandi24

sandi24 New Member

Cah nah dah...

one little, two little, three Canadians

We Love thee

Now we are Twenty Million

Ca na da

Four little five little six little Pro vin ces

Proud and Free

Now we are Ten and the Ter ri tories

Sea to Sea

Proud and Free

North South East West

There'll be happy times

Church bells will Ring Ring Ring

It's the Hundredth Anniversary of Con fed er a tion

Ev' ry body Sing To ge ther

CA NA DA..

Oh I remember it well...and Bobby Gimby coming to my school!

18. tamoley

tamoley New Member

Hi to all...I am also Canadian from Vancouver Island.

Chris