Canadian Lyme Literate Doctors?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pepper, Nov 16, 2005.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

Does anyone know of any Canadian Lyme literate doctors besides Dr. Murakami in Hope, B.C.? I am hoping that there is someone in Ontario. I live in Ottawa.

Thank you.
    Pepper
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

The research I did seems to show that there are many desperate for Lyme treatment in Canada, but it's much harder here to find than in the States.

Canada seems to be largely in denial about having Lyme here. They like to think it's just a US problem. And if they do get a super obvious open and shut case (as in, the tic is still right in your forehead) then they blame it on travel to the States, or if you haven't travelled there, then they pretend you don't have it.

The paper did a large article about Lyme in Ottawa a few mths ago. One woman caught it in Andrew Haden park. No one would say who their doctors were for fear the doctors would be persecuted for treating them.

Dr. Armstrong hands out flyers about Lyme, but she's never tested me for it. She's on a kick lately that all my problems are all about gluten. She gets stuck on things sometimes, so every time I see her lately, she ignores every other test result or symtoms, unless she thinks it points to Celiac.

good luck, and let us know if you find anything.

Jeanne
  3. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Jim Wilson from the Canlyme group is so helpful. Maybe you could post a message on that board. He sends me updates all the time.

I'm about 8 hrs. driving to Hope B.C. If this FFC lymes protocol doesn't work I'm headed that way to see Dr. M.

I read a Ottawa Citizen newspaper clipping this summer and I think there is a lymes support group in that city. I'm sure I was bite at our cottage on the Ottawa River 3 years ago clearing brush.

You might want to consider the Detroit FFC. They will test you for everything under the sun including Igenex Lymes and co-infections.

Cindy

4. pepper

pepper New Member

I never thought about it until reading your post that I did become sick after visiting the U.S. I had just spent 2 weeks in Florida. But I don't think that they have ticks in Florida, do they?

I read those articles in the Citizen last summer but I never really thought that they applied to me since I came down with CFS right after a bout of mono. But now I am wondering.

My own cousin who lives in Ottawa was diagnosed with FM, saw Dr. Murakami in B.C., was treated for Lyme disease and is now feeling great. She even knew that she has been bitten by a tick but she couldn't find anyone around here to test her. Too bad the tick wasn't still in her forehead! LOL

Cindy, I have been thinking about the FFC but it is not in our budget at the moment. They do seem to test for everything there and it would certainly be nice to know. I have emailed them asking if they were going to open any centres in Canada but sadly the answer was no, not in the near future.

I went to the CanLyme site last night and registered there but had a great deal of trouble navigating the site. I am not exactly computer literate. I will try again and see if I can post for Jim Wilson.

Thank you both for your replies. I will let you know if I learn anything about Lyme Literate doctors around here.
    Pepper