Canadians CPP info please!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, Aug 30, 2005.

1. darude

darude New Member

They have now asked my doc to write a narrative!!!! Anyone else had this geez she has already sent them three letters. Anyway they are paying her to do it. So would be interested in any info i can give her.
  2. darude

darude New Member

3. happygranny

happygranny Member

Sorry to hear about this next hurdle of yours Darude.

My doctor jsut filled out the form CPP provided with my application and that was it.

Hope you can get this solved.

happygranny
  4. happygranny

happygranny Member

You are probably aware of the Canadian (Dis) Ability magazine and George-Caluori who is a consultant in Regulatory Administration who represents people with disabilities before the CPP REview Tribunals and Pension Appeals Boards. His email address was (2 years ago) gcamcal@istar.ca It can also be found in the magazine. That magazine is full of advice and you might find someone who can advise you.

The editor of the magazine is Hans Posthuma and his email is hansposthuma@ca.inter.net

This is info I got from pepper 2 years ago when she gave me great advice in my CPP application.

Good luck

happygranny
  5. darude

darude New Member

Just going on and on! My doctor already sent letters but now she wants this 'narrative'. This doc was not with me from the beginning as i was a year into illness before i got to her. Oh well just take next step. This is what I have confirmed now by the way. fms/cfs, diabetes, DDD, Pcos, sleep apnea, syncope, Brain tumour, 40 lesions, high blood pressure, high cholesterol,herniated disks, degenerative disk and facet joints, IBS and gerd. Stage one COPD and shows on lung xray that at some point a small part of lung collapsed. MMMMMMMMM could she work with this (I think not)! It really is disgusting but won't give up.
  6. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Hi Darude

I'm sure you will get excellent advice from the resources you have been directed to.
    One thing my Lawyer stressed was that CPP wants to know VERY SPECIFICALLY how your illness affects the work that you do.

It's very clear to all of us that you can't work; too bad they can't see it!! But they will. You are strong you're not giving up!!

Good luck
    Kathy.
  7. darude

darude New Member

Doctor wrote the narrative and now I'm waiting to hear back from them. They wanted all information including hospital records etc. They have been sent all these already but want them again. Well they have them now!
  8. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

darude ( is the name from that music guy ? ) .. in any case .. all the forms were filled out by myself .. the GP and the Rheumy .. my claim took almost 2 years .. because half my work history was from the Netherlands and half Canadian .. so it was an unusual case .. the only reason it went forward and was settled was because I had to point out to the CCP that they had an international agreement with the Netherlands .. I paid out to their social programs while employed by the Dutch .. the battle almost did me in, especially when I had to tell them how to do their job .. hang in there .. they will back date it from the original dates ! Good luck !
  9. darude

darude New Member

Yup two years now and this is first appeal. What was yours based on? I too worked half my life in England and they have an agreement with them too. Anyway should hear shortly keep me in your prayers.
  10. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

... I just wrote a long explanation of what I went through and it was rejected .. geez .. make sure you are being handled by the "international office" in Ottawa .. that was the main mistake with my claim at first .. they didn't "get it " about the Netherlands connection and the social agreement .. again .. I had to quote their own regulations to them .. from there on it slowly worked out .. so don't give up !! Good luck !