CANCER vs CFIDS/FIBRO (I posted this twice)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sues1, Jun 13, 2007.

1. sues1

sues1 New Member

As many of you know, I have breast cancer. I am going to have the breast removed next week.

Sure enough, after about 20 yrs. with CFIDS/FIBRO, I am having other diseases crop up. Diabetes, Parkinsons, and now Cancer.

What the point of this is, the cancer is not upsetting me. I am able to deal with it, no matter where it takes me. But
    I have found that if I mention CFIDS/FIBRO ..I get teary eyed. I have not been that way with the cancer.

As I have thought about it, I think it is because I have a chance with Cancer. But with all this hurting and mind reducing problems and so much more, there is no treatments or such for getting rid of it.

So I am going to "beat the drum" even harder for CFIDS/FIBRO. I think maybe more will realize just how it is and hard to cope with.

I am not giving up on it. I have many blessings and much to be thankful for. But we need to push a little harder, talk about it more. I try and not make it the focus of my life. We all know how hard that is, but we can do the best we can.

All I want from everyone otherwise is prayers. My operation is on the 20th of this month. Also pray for cures for CFIDS/FIBRO.

Love all of you, Blessings...........Susan
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry about all you have on your plate now. I am saying a prayer for you and please, let us know how the surgery goes for you.

As for the FMS/CFIDS, check out the posts on RichvanK's methylation treatment on the other board. Some of us are getting results with it. The theory is complex but, thank God, one needn't understand it in order to use it. It's just taking five supplements. Of course, one should always check with one's doc before starting it, especially in a case like yours where things are more complex.

Bless you and good luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

for the wisdom with which you are facing life. I am learning much from you and I want to thank you for this great gift!

Life is very challenging. Thank you for showing us how much it matters to face it with courage and peace.

Thank you for the peace you give,
  4. jmq

jmq New Member

I just wanted to send some hugs your way.

I go for a breast biopsy on Monday. I will keep you in my prayers and look to you for courage and inspiration. I know what you are saying about fighting cancer vs. living with this dd with no way out. I mentioned to my surgeon that I had FM and I may need more pain meds after the surgery than others...and he looked at me blankly. I took that opportunity to educated him and the nurse he was with alittle about FM.

Please check back in with us as soon as you are able to. I will be sending lots of healing thoughts your way.

5. sues1

sues1 New Member

.....Yes, it is one thing after another. I am qualified for too many boards on this site. LOL.I have always enjoyed or learned from your postings.

Thanks for the info. I will be checking it out. You are right about checking with the drs. I am not going to do anything without talking it over with them.

Your posting did bring tears to my eyes, thank you ever so much. It made me feel good and more positive about myself.You know.....Faith, Hope and Love....the most important is LOVE and I am getting it here and at home too.
    It is a special time of loving and appreciating each other.
    If I could bottle it we would have world peace.

First I want to tell you that my given name is Susan Elaine!
    You really awed when I read that you are kick boxing! I admire that and you are on the right track of caring for yourself. You are one tough lady!

Many of my prayers (and I have done this with each I am posting to) I shut my eyes and send blessings to someone and then ask God for his help). Very short and many times people do not know I am doing that. But I truly believe in it. I have seen to many miracles through prayer.
    TOO ALL>>>>>
    I did not get any flats of flowers this year as I would be unable to water them. When needed, I might not have anyone to do it. MY DH is a sweetie, but he will have to get back to work in time.
    I am lucky enough to have a cleaning lady, for 2 or 3 hrs. a week. To do what I can not.She has became a true friend.
    She would come by and plant a flower here and there lately.
    Some from her garden or her Mom's. She even stops and waters them and I do not even know she is there and leaves.
    She pointed out to me the colors of the various many flowers...ALL PINK...she said she did that for is for breast cancer.
    How can I be sad????? All this pouring in of love!

I wish all of you many flowers and love. BLESSINGS.......Susan
  6. sues1

sues1 New Member

I am praying for you dear. We all need each other through such.
    I am sorry you are going through this. I had the biospies and it was not bad at all. Of all of the many many tests and all.......Only one was impossible and I probably will never do it again...
    The breast MRI. You lay on the table stomach down. your breasts fit into a space your arms go above your you are diving from a diving board and you can not move. The tenderness and soreness afterwards was painful also........I thought it would never feel better.
    don't breath....hold your breath......don't move. Meanwhile your legs and arms and all are having cramps, spasms and charlie horses. My hair got soaking wet by the sweat. I asked for a cold wet cloth on my forehead. I thought I was going to pass out from it all I do fine with other MRIs.It lasted a long time. I had told them I could not help it when my limbs would spasm and such.

Later they were planning to do biospy (spelling wrong) by using the breast MRI......I think 45 min. it would take as they would take me in and out and set grids, mark areas, etc. After my objections they decided to change to an ultra sound one. That ws okay. I have no complaints with that one.
    One said that they should of never used the breast MRI with all of my problems. I am not a complainer, usually. It would not maybe be so bad if you do not have our problems.
    So if such is offered to you......ask if ultra sound would work just as well.

Prayers and Blessings to you. Let us know how you do.
    Love, Susan
    CORRECTION; MRI breast biospy woulf of been 1 1/2 hrs. I just read my notes. They would keep taking you in and out while preforming that. Ultra Sound one was around 30 minutes and no problems or complaints from me on it.[This Message was Edited on 06/16/2007]
  7. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

This is so sad!

But what you are saying is so TRUE!

AND.....I want you to know that I have made a post for you, S-Elaine, and JMQ all are always right there for everyone and now it is time to let us carry a little bit of that weight.............

You are in my thoughts and prayers....and on the 20th I will be thinking so much with you in my mind that Iam sure you will feel it coming thorugh!

I wish you an easy surgery and are a fighter and a strong woman and I know you will come thorugh this just fine.............

Thank you for bringing this to our attention because it really makes us stop and think......we all come here and support each other but the reality is that I am the first to admit that because I get so much support and compassion here on this board that I lose focus on how BAD this really is!

When I was in the shower this morning I cried (I always try to cry where no one can see ) my pain is taking over everything in my life even the most precious things are starting to not matter because of the pain..........

then my pain med kicked in and I relaxed a bit.......but the sad truth is that without pain meds I know I wouldn't be here......and that is BAD!

You are so right we need to talk louder, write more, shout more, and get the ball rolling..............when you are all better and recovered let's work on that together......

See Sue now you have a reason to fight and be ok!

We all love you and wish you a fast and easy return back here to all of us ...

We will be waiting and praying!

Love you my freind and thank you for everything you have done to help me through my never ending road of boulders!
  8. sues1

sues1 New Member

Both of you are extra strong, and I get strength from all your postings. are one cool gal. The music and laughter and activity are very healthful. It sure helps our lives to be happier. Thanks for all. Sure glad to "know" you. have been a rock to me! I have learned through you. I have been boosted up by you. Thanks. Your postings are always ones I go to , when I sometimes am not up to reading all. Even if I post an post in reply to you, when things are not right for you at the time, helps me. It takes my mind off myself and frees me some. Loving and giving comes back in full circle to us.

You have been through a lot more than most of us, yet you still reach out with a special touch. You have a gift and it will also come around in full circle and help you through these rough times you are in. You will overcome all the recent problems you are going through right now. You are a fighter and you some how have gotten through so much.
    I worry though that you feel it is totally your job to make all well in your family. Well, I do understand that, but take care of Doxy also. Because we need you.

I am sending prayers for you and your family, and wish you the very best.........Blessings,.Susan
  9. laceymae

laceymae New Member are a strong person, you will beat this and one day we will all beat the fibro and CFS...

stay strong and keep your faith.

prayers and hugs...lacey
  10. sues1

sues1 New Member

Then I accidently deleted it!

Anyhow you inspire me. Good Luck with your new life challenge. I will also pry for you dear.

11. sues1

sues1 New Member

GOD bLESSINGS........SuSAN
  12. jmq

jmq New Member

Hi Susan,

I know you must be asleep or resting by now since tomorrow is the date of your surgery. I just wanted to remind you that I am also praying and thinking of you. I will be there in spirit holding your hand too.

I am fine from my biopsy ( it was very painful ) but doing well now. I have to wait another week for results like Elaine.

Hope you have a good recoup.

13. sisland

sisland New Member

For all! ,,,Sis