Candida and FoggyBrain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acuario, Mar 7, 2007.

1. acuario

acuario New Member

Hi, everybody. I would like to know how many people with Candida and foggy brain. After doing the Candida diet, (no sugars, flours, rice), what symptoms improve???

and more important, Does Brain Fog disapears, improves???
    This is my worst symptom, it cause me a lot of trouble in my life.

Thank you so much for all your answears.

acuario
  2. acuario

acuario New Member

3. acuario

acuario New Member

4. clerty

clerty New Member

Hi

I am on day 2 of a no rice flour or milk products and I have found I am m ore alert to be honest
    very hard !!!
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Yes, your brain fog will improve with a candida diet. You will also need to take probiotics and antifungals as well.

You may experience increased symptoms at first from the toxins of die off, but after that you should see improvment.
  6. clerty

clerty New Member

Yes I take probiotics but not antifungals what are the names of these can they be bought in a chemist?
  7. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

I've been on a pretty strict candida diet which helps my head pain and "fogginess." While I don't really have brain fog or fibrofog in the classic sense, I do have bizarre, 24/7, incessant head pain/pressure which worsens when I cheat on my candida diet.

I was on medication, etc. I now take a probiotic every day and watch what I eat as I become "sluggish" as well.

Good luck!

Warmly,
    LB32 (Leeza)
  8. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Hi there,
    If you can get a prescription Diflucan works great for candida. Or you can buy supplements in health food stores. Some can be bought in regular drug stores. Some are garlic, pau d arco, grapefruitseed extract and oil of oregano. There are more, I just can't think right now! You can google to find out more. Threelac and Probio 5 are two antifungal products that can be bought online, but they are more expensive.

Good luck to you. Candida is hard to fight. It takes a long time and the diet is difficult.
  9. acuario

acuario New Member

hi thank you so much for all you answears. yes am thinking about starting this candida diet, and take probiotics.

Do you think that Candida and Gluten sensitivity goes together? the symptoms are so similar, how to know if you have one or both???

thank you all, for your post
  10. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

Hi,

If one has Candida, they're automatically allergic to gluten products as yeast is yeast. Yeast products usually have gluten/wheat in them even if in small amounts.

In order to find out if you're only allergic to gluten or what your gliadin levels are, you can have your blood taken. Getting bloodwork done can also tell you if you have Celiac's Disease which mimics FM.

When I remain strict with my candida diet/program, my gliadin/gluten levels appear "normal." I always have candida as it never fully goes away, but at least I feel less lethargic and foggy. My stomach also tends to feel better.

Best,
    LB32 (Leeza)