Candida and remedies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lazy_Susan, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Lazy_Susan

Lazy_Susan New Member

Does anyone know if garlic, if taken in large enough doses, cures candida? Or, does it have to be in a certain form to be effective? How long does it take? What should you take with it--any info you can supply would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

I didn't do more than a couple of cloves per day but it did seem to help. Or so I thought. I tried to get rid of yeast by myself for over a year. Then I got with an expert, got on the right diet (mine was healthy but too high in carbs) and supplements, and got rid of yeast (and I had 3 different types) in 2 months. Now I recommend everybody get the right test done so they don't have to guess. It's faster, more effective, and will cost less money in the long run, though the tests aren't cheap. Candida was only one of the problems, BTW, we're also fixing everything else that was wrong in the guts which was affecting the immune system and digestion.

See my thread "toxic guts, toxic body, why do a comprehensive stool analysis" for what I did exactly.

I got the idea for this test from

good luck

3. astroherb

astroherb New Member

With regard to candida, I had very good success with a product called Advanced Intestinal Care by Kolorex that was prescribed by my holistic physician. It is fairly expensive, but well worth it if you can afford it at all. However, to be really effective, it is important to drastically cut carbs from your diet as the yeast feeds on the sugar.
  4. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

I too have systemic yeast, have struggled with it for years. Nystatin never did anything. I eat heaps of garlic in food and it doesnt do alot. I sometimes take raw cloves in food - not too much at once or my gut goes crazy. Not sure how well it works as i haven't done it 'fervently' enough i suppose.

However i just purchased a product from called Candida Clear - by NOW products.

I haven't tried it yet as im trying to get stable just starting on cortisol etc, but once a little better i intend to try it with diet (lower carb and no sugar).

It looks like it's been well researched as it has alot of the major natural yeast fighters in it as follows:

Magnesium (from Magnesium Caprylate) 46mg
    Caprylic Acid (from Magnesium Caprylate) 500mg
    Pau D’Arco (Tabebuia impetiginosa) (Bark) 300mg
    Black Walnut (Juglans nigra L.) (Hull) 300mg
    Oregano Oil (Origanum vulgare) (min. 1.75% Volatiles) 200mg

Other Ingredients: Cellulose (capsule), Rice Flour, Gum Arabic, Garlic (bulb), Olive Leaf, Cat’s Claw Root, Wormwood Herb, Silica and Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source).

So it also contains other general parasite killers too such as wormwood and black walnut. Im not sure how well this product works. Id love opinions on it and or anything that may work better, as i need to kill mine badly too!