Candida Diet Holiday Treat Recipes?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MKlady, Nov 30, 2005.

1. MKlady

MKlady New Member

Hi, this is the toughest time of the year for this diet...does anyone have any wheatfree/sugarfree (stevia instead?) recipes for cookies or treats? Help!
  2. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Candida treats??? I think that is and oxymoron! Ha. There are some in the yeast connection cookbook so you can try there. I ocasionally do a berry cobbler with blueberries and stevia I sprinkle a little oatmeal mixed with butter on top and bake. These turn out very good but if you are being strict you shouldn't eat the berries. There are some wheatfree cookies sweetened with a small amount of fruit juice out there too but to be honest I didn't think they were all that great. You could try mixing plain yogurt with stevia and a chooped up strawberry and dipping in wheat free waffles. I have this for breakfast all the time.

The whole candida thing is very restictive but ultimately worth it. If you stick to the no sugar, no artificial sweetner thing you will loose your cravings and sweet things will taste too sweet. Good Luck It is very hard! Lynn