Candida diet info

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mollystwin, Mar 29, 2006.

1. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Here is some info I rec'd from someone I read about on a candida website. I emailed her to ask why coffee was bad for candida and if young cheeses are OK. There is so much conflicting data out there! Let me know what you think, should I eat mozzarella or not?

Hi, there are many myths about what you can and can't eat with Candida. It is generally said everywhere that caffeine is bad because it is a stimulant and a toxin.
    If everyone stopped drinking coffee we'd be healthier that's true.
    I see no problem in fully decaffinated coffee though, as long as you don't mind toxins going in, but in moderation its ok.

As a reflexologist, we advise against the drinking of coffee shortly after a treatment because it will put back toxins which we've been working the body to get rid of!

Personally, I love coffee. Whatever you can eat or drink to maintain as normal a diet and life as possible is good for your Holistic healing. Its bad enough having Candida but having to cut out everything you like as well is too much. People get fed up and come off the diet. Depression makes us more ill than anything. So be mindful of the fact coffee stimulates, and drink something with less stimulant, decaff is ok once you get used to it.

As for the younger cheeses, I can't see the problem here either. It is molds you are supposed to be avoiding and sugars.

Candida makes it hard for you to absorb protein, so anything that gives you more protein without stimulating or feeding the candida is good. If you like Mozzarella, and it doesn't upset your stomach, then enjoy the source of protein!

Wishing you all the best, I hope you do well.

Dee xx
  2. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

I am not an expert, but will throw in my 2 cents for your consideration. I suppose dairy products have milk sugar--lactose in them. If you are doing the strictest caveman candida diet, you might leave out dairy for awhile, and then reintroduce. I agree that young cheese would have fewer molds than aged cheese, and would present less of a candida problem.

In my own experience, I have had candida problems for awhile and likely have leaky gut. I tested with a stool test (yuch) by Enterolabs and learned that I am making antibodies to dairy proteins, as well as having gluten sensitivity. I have a very restricted diet at this point, but when I feel better for following it, I can live with it. Also, it is very hard to become overweight when you aren't eating gluten grains or dairy. The cravings seem to go away after awhile, and I don't "have" to have them anymore.

Blessings to you. Jen102
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Thank you for your input. How did you know you were gluten sensitive? Did you have any symptoms or did it show up in the stool test? Right now the only grains I am eating are oatmeal and spelt bread, but I am limiting those. They don't seem to cause me any problems. I think I'll wait awhile before I eat any cheeses. Other than that I'm being very restrictive, no fruits, lots of vegies, some meat, eggs, almonds.No sugar or processed foods. I am losing weight rather rapidly. I lost 4 lbs in a week and was not overweight. I really can't afford to lose any more. Right now I'm 5 6" and weigh 126. I like to stay around 130. That's why I was looking for some more things to eat!
    Thanks again
    Dar