Candida Diet Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by beth0818, Nov 10, 2005.

1. beth0818

beth0818 New Member

I got a list foods to avoid and foods i can eat off the internet. It mentioned that baked potatoes can be eaten on occasion,but it didn't mention anything about sweet potatoes. are they off limits? .......i sure hope not

beth
  2. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Sweet potatoes are better than regular potatoes. I included them ocasionally but not alot. I stuck to the diet for 34 weeks then gradually added foods back in. I still am not eating sugar or artificial sweetners and very little yeast. I go easy on things like salad dressings and avoid pickled things and the moldy fruits. Try searching on the Yeast connection. There is a book called the yeast connection cookbook with has the diet and recipies in it.

Good Luck this is very difficult but my digestion issues (alternating constipation and diarrea) cleared up very quickly!

Take Care Lynn

Products to try- Vans Wheat free waffles, Stevia, Mrs Leepers veggie twists, Wheat free tortillas.
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I got down to where I only wanted sweet potatoes and nothing else, plus I felt the need to gorge on them before bedtime. Finally it was out of control, so I quit cold turkey.

But they could be fine for you. Just remember, be cautious about anything that tastes "too good." I've had to be much stricter than most people in my diet.