Candida How do you know if that's really the problem?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caperkat, Aug 27, 2006.

1. caperkat

caperkat New Member

I've read the posts and articles here on Candida, but how do you know if it's that or the FM you've been dx'd with? Is it just a matter of what the Dr says? If I have a white tongue and many of the symptoms, does that mean I am a Candida sufferer? What I've read here seems to explain a lot but so do the other"mental" dx's I have been given, along with the FM. I'm confused. Help.

kat
  2. caperkat

caperkat New Member

... since many of the symptoms are there. I have my doubts as to whether a doctor's visit would help. Thank you for your comments, that helps a lot!

kat
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

In my opinion, you don't.

A white coating on your tongue can mean that your stomach is upset or that your not feeling well in general. Years ago doctors would look at a patient's tongue to check his or her digestion.

The easiest - and the hardest way - to know is to do the Candida diet and see if you feel better, especially eliminate sugar and all white foods. It's a long road, you really need to use a yeast killer with the diet to do it right and it doesn't seem to be a one time thing.

If you want more info you can type Candida in the search box at the top of the screen to read tons of posts regarding what others have said about it. But we all have some yeast in our gut; it's supposed to be there.

Obviously I tried the diet and a yeast killer and wasn't helped by it. ;>)

Good luck.

Marta
  4. caperkat

caperkat New Member

I do eat a lot of sugars, carbs, etc.. and have cravings when I try to cut back. It's like an addiction, very hard to quit. I guess I can do what is best for me, or eat whatever I want and suffer. I know the choice is mine. Thx for your input.

kat

[ advertisement ]