Candida in blood after ABX

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dvdav2000, Nov 29, 2005.

1. dvdav2000

dvdav2000 New Member

Hi All,
    I have been on this board for a couple of years now... I have been on and off Antibiotics for months treating Myco. Ferm., various infections associated with CFIDS, etc. My doctor found elevated Candida in my blood. In fact it was off the charts. We started Diflucan 200mg daily to control the Candida. I am also on Probiotics.
    I hate to think I am making myself worse by trying to make myself better... I have learned that Candida in the blood is not good and has its own long list of bad consequences.
    Anyone have experience with this or anything to share ?? Also... are there any doctors that are notable in treating the Candida.

Thanks, Dave
  2. dvdav2000

dvdav2000 New Member

3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Sheck out Gart's web page and see his research about this kind of stuff. Very interesting, I couldn't stop reading all the documents he had on his site!

http://www.immed.org/index.htm
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

It's unfortunate that the ABX increase the candida. Along with the probiotics are you also eating a candida diet? That would be very important.

I think that it takes time to bring the candida levels down. We have to be persistent.

Have you been tested for Lyme? The Lyme can cause the imbalance that encourages the candida growth even before the ABX.

Don't give up!
    Take care,
    Hopeful4
  5. dvdav2000

dvdav2000 New Member

Thanks so much... always a kind helpful crowd here.. Dave