candida or cfs?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by contchy, Dec 5, 2002.

1. contchy

contchy New Member

hi, i came down with a flulike ilness, the flu syumptsom went away but i was left with muscle weakness and brain fog, tiredness, cfs symptoms.... now this was liek four yearse ago... well doctors have over and over tried to get me to stay on a candida diet but i haven't been able to do it.. as far as i nkow, i dont get reactiosn to food because i dont feel worse after i eat sugary foods... do u guys think i have candida? has anyon eelse had cfs symptoms with a flut like illness suddenly that came on a healthy person and have candida? anyone else haev a similiar situation? if i knew i was gonna get better id stay on the diet but i guess i dont believe i necesarrily have it.. anyone know if this sounds like cfs or candida?
    PLEASE REPLY TO CONTCHY1010@aol.com thanks!
  2. contchy

contchy New Member

hi, i came down with a flulike ilness, the flu syumptsom went away but i was left with muscle weakness and brain fog, tiredness, cfs symptoms.... now this was liek four yearse ago... well doctors have over and over tried to get me to stay on a candida diet but i haven't been able to do it.. as far as i nkow, i dont get reactiosn to food because i dont feel worse after i eat sugary foods... do u guys think i have candida? has anyon eelse had cfs symptoms with a flut like illness suddenly that came on a healthy person and have candida? anyone else haev a similiar situation? if i knew i was gonna get better id stay on the diet but i guess i dont believe i necesarrily have it.. anyone know if this sounds like cfs or candida?
    PLEASE REPLY TO CONTCHY1010@aol.com thanks!
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Why don't you get tested for this? There are doctors that will take urine and stool samples & send them to a lab that tests for candida, parasites, etc. ---Have you taken lots of long courses of antibiotics in the past? That can predispose you to candida overgrowth. I am in the process of being tested by my allergist for candida overgrowth; otherwise, you are just speculating based on your symptoms, which also could fit a profile for CFS without candida. If you have it, you'll likely need meds. plus strict adherence to the candida diet---but rather than guess, I'd find someone who'll give you a definitive answer.

Good luck & I hope you feel better,
    Pam