Candida Treatment--Think I am on to something--Madwolf

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karen2002, Nov 15, 2002.

1. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

We talked about starting the Nystatin, 5 days ago, and the resulting, butt kicking, I could anticipate.
    Hey, so far so good..no flare, only (moderate) diarrhea, very occassional abdominal cramping, (moderate as well).
    Here's what I forgot to mention---sorry fog :)
    I started taking berberine one month prior to the Nystantin treatment. What do ya think? Perhaps I had been having a gradual, gentle candida die-off....with the berberine, so the Nystantin, didn't "bull-doze" me?
    Tell you what--if Berberine is going to do the trick alone--it sure would save on a patients pocket book compared to Nystatin, Diflucan, and Sporanox---and would be a heck of alot gentler, (at least it was in my case) too...
    What are your thoughts on this? Have you ever used Berberdine, alone for Candidis? Or perhaps prior to treatment with antifungals?
    Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 11/15/2002]
  2. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

We talked about starting the Nystatin, 5 days ago, and the resulting, butt kicking, I could anticipate.
    Hey, so far so good..no flare, only (moderate) diarrhea, very occassional abdominal cramping, (moderate as well).
    Here's what I forgot to mention---sorry fog :)
    I started taking berberine one month prior to the Nystantin treatment. What do ya think? Perhaps I had been having a gradual, gentle candida die-off....with the berberine, so the Nystantin, didn't "bull-doze" me?
    Tell you what--if Berberine is going to do the trick alone--it sure would save on a patients pocket book compared to Nystatin, Diflucan, and Sporanox---and would be a heck of alot gentler, (at least it was in my case) too...
    What are your thoughts on this? Have you ever used Berberdine, alone for Candidis? Or perhaps prior to treatment with antifungals?
    Karen
  3. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

berberine.

About a year and a half ago I had the Great Smokies test done by a naturopath who didn't bother requesting a sensitivity panel. He recommended CandibactinBR (the one with berberine). Having decided he was a quack I chose to NOt buy another product from him and took my business elsewhere.

When I showed my new dr. my lab work, she asked what I had been taking. I told her nothing new that I wasn't taking prior to the test. I told her what the other dr. recommended and she said she has not had good success using CandibactinBR so she told me to take CandibactinAR (along with Sporanox, of course).

Months later, when the yeast was down to 1+, and citrobacter was gone, my test showed a new strain of bacteria, this time it was klebsiella. My dr. said try CandibactinBR, for the klebsiella, and she again said I don't think it works well for Candida. Why she felt the need to say this at that time, I don't know. Because, it had already been established that my yeast was no longer an issue so I was no longer treating it.

So here I had one dr. telling me to take berberine, and another telling me not to take it, for killing yeast. The first dr. did NOTHING to help me, and in fact made me sicker. The second dr. changed my life. I'm at the point that I don't second guess her because she has proved herself knowlegable.

Hope this helps,
    Annette
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I took Nystatin for 2 months - no dice. I took Diflucan for two weeks - ditto.
    Then I tried a combo of natural stuff with Caprylic Acid, garlic and olive leaf and a couple of other things - zilch.
    The only thing that worked for me was to give up sugars completely and take a Probiotic daily forever and ever, amen. Within 2 1/2 months of doing this, my blood sample showed no more fermentation bubbles under the electron microscope (which is how yeast overgrowth is determined by that method).
    So, if all else fails, try nixing the sugars that feed the yeasts and starve the little buggers.
    Klutzo
  5. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Annette, my sensitivity panel showed Nystatin, Diflucan, Sporanox, and Berberine, to all be good choices.
    Opted out on Diflucan, and Sporanox, as they were much more expensive.

Klutzo---I doing the probiotics, my good doc that I found in Sept. put me on them--first visit after hearing about my chronic uti's and prophylaxtic antibiotic treatment.

Wolf--posted a long berberine article with references.
    Go Packers!

Have a great night--i'm off to the potty again...but know its worth the time spent there, lol.
    Ohhh hey---this sugar stuff is really hard to give up---quite my budweiser in May--now my cokes gotta go!! What's left? bah!!!!
  6. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

My opinion is that
    Berberine will help most rid candida--There is a long post on it today--I think I just titled it "berberine (long)".
    Obviously the antifungals work for most, not all--but this requires a prescription. Sure has been tougher on my system that the berberine..don't know if that means they are working better--or just a nasty side effect.
    Probiotics a must.
    Trying my hardest to give up sugar--but must sadly admit I am addicted to the sugar and caffiene in cokes....and this withdrawal is kinda tough--i have cut back greatly, and will quit soon. I find it easiest to give up the highly processed foods, with sugars, etc., very tiny amount of complex carbs-- To be honest foods are not a prob. as I have terrible nausea....so I only eat very tiny amounts a day--some days...no solid foods.
    Most important thing I have done--is stopped the prophalactic dose of antibiotics my urologist had me on daily. I had been on a course of antibiotics prior to that every two to three months for 30+ years. I now use E Mannose.
    The proof I guess will be in the pudding, so to speak--when I finish this course, and see what results it yields.
    I now see a D.O.,as of mid Sept., very informed, very devoted, and most of all, very patient with this newly diagnosed patient. Karen