Candida/Yeast and homeopathy?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ali-may, Oct 24, 2002.

1. ali-may

ali-may New Member

I have a question. I want to try homeopathic Candida Albicans 30C to treat my GI yeast. From what I know about homeopathy, it won't hurt me to try it - but what if the remedy is not quite right for me? How long would I need to take it before I start to "prove the remedy"? And how will I know whether I'm proving the remedy or having a Herxheimer reaction? That is, how will I know whether I'm killing the yeast, or making it grow?

Thanks!

Ali
    [This Message was Edited on 10/25/2002]
  2. ali-may

ali-may New Member

I have a question. I want to try homeopathic Candida Albicans 30C to treat my GI yeast. From what I know about homeopathy, it won't hurt me to try it - but what if the remedy is not quite right for me? How long would I need to take it before I start to "prove the remedy"? And how will I know whether I'm proving the remedy or having a Herxheimer reaction? That is, how will I know whether I'm killing the yeast, or making it grow?

Thanks!

Ali
    [This Message was Edited on 10/25/2002]
  3. ali-may

ali-may New Member

Is there anyone here who knows about homeopathy? I could really use some help!

Ali
  4. ali-may

ali-may New Member

Hi Jaimy - thanks. I just changed the title of the post.

Another question I have is this: Does homeopathy work only on symptoms? I ask this because I'm wondering, will homeopathic Candida Albicans 30C actually KILL the yeast, or just remove the SYMPTOMS of yeast?

I hope someone can help!

Ali
  5. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

Homeopathy is really outside of my realm, but I do have some experience with it. I have successfully gotten rid of vaginal yeast infections with it, but I used a blend from Nature's Sunshine called, "candida." Unfortunately I no longer have the bottle so I don't remember the ingredients, but it didn't list the dillution anyway.

30C is a pretty good dillution that when I use it on my pets, I give one time only. I did what you are leary of and gave it a second time, months later, and proved the remedy. I use a homeopathic vet, but when I go off on my own, I prefer to stick with 200C and I can give that repeatedly if necessary, with less chance of having the symptoms return. I have also dilluted 1M in water and used that daily on myself. Of course I do this to myself and my pets with the assistance of my homeopathic vet.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,
    Annette
  6. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

I saw you asked another question as I was typing my answer. My experience was that I got rid of a localized problem, yaginal yeast, but I didn't get rid of a systemic problem. I had tried natural anti-fungals for at least 6 months and the infections kept returning. The homeopathic remedy finally put an end to that mess and in just a matter of days it was gone. I continued taking the remdedy since the directions said to take for 3 months, I beleive. What got rid of the systemic yeast with was 6 months of Sporanox.

Annette