Candida, yeast / SCD diet / treatments - amyline and all

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Wolverine, Jun 30, 2003.

1. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Heya. I nearly always have a coated / white tongue that is especially worse in the morning when just getting up. I know mine is because i have a terrible digestive system and my stomach is always upset, and because of this, very suceptible to candida and other microbes. A few things have getten rid of this - when i took difflucan a while ago, so many symptoms disappeared after a couple weeks, including the coated mouth / tongue. Also, anther time when i was on anti-biotics for a bowel bug it went away while i was on them but came back when i went off, so it can also be bacterial infections that cause it. But if you dont have too upset a gastro system, its much more likely yeast. Yeast causes bowel trouble often, but not as bad as a bad bowel bug! :) You can do the mouth rinses etc but that wont effect the internal yeast which is where the coated tongue comes from, and it will just keep coming back. You need to either do the diet, or use anti-fungals such as nystatin or diflucan, or a combination of both. Also suppliments can help such as olive leaf, golden seal, citrus seed extract, pau-d'arco, etc. Supplements wont work too well on their own without doing the diet (Sugar is the worst offender, white flour, refined carbs, yeast, vinegar, sauces, pickeld foods, etc). The best diet for it is the SCD (Specific Carbohydrate Diet) which is very strict and can be dificult, but there are many great sites for it with heaps of recipes. It is not low carb, it is based on the aspect that the type of carbohydrate included in the diet is not the types that yeast and other microbes can feed off. Therefore they are starved and all die off, and the person on the diet gets much stronger (immune system etc.) Here is some info on it:

The Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) is a strict grain-free, lactose-free, and sucrose-free dietary regimen. Introduced in the book "Breaking the Vicious Cycle" by Elaine Gottschall, the theory behind the SCD is that when complex carbohydrates are not digested, they are not absorbed. They remain in the intestinal tract, encouraging microbes to multiply by providing food for them. This can lead to the formation of acids and toxins which can injure the small intestine. Once bacteria multiply within the small intestine, they destroy the enzymes on the intestinal cell surface, preventing carbohydrate digestion and absorption. At this point, production of excessive mucus may be triggered as the intestinal tract attempts to "lubricate" itself against the irritation caused by the toxins, acids, and the presence of incompletely digested and unabsorbed carbohydrates.

That is from the remedyfind website and theres much more info out there just do a search.

Chris. :)