Candida

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kdd, Aug 11, 2005.

1. kdd

kdd New Member

I have just started at the Fibromyalgia & Pain Clinic. They have put me on the Candida diet, no sugar, milk products, vinegar, or fruit. It is so hard. Any suggestions?
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Virgin coconut oil helped me get a persistent candida infection under control. I started out with 3 or 4 tablespoons a day, but started to herx rather quickly and severely on it, and had to cut back to 1-2 tablespoons a day.

It worked really well and I now take 1-2 tablespoons a day as maintenance. It's supposed to be good for the thyroid, and other things. The Tropical Traditions website has a lot of information about it. I ordered mine from House of Nutrition on-line, and Swanson's Vitamins, also on-line.

I just swallow it, it's very light. Some people can't do that, but you can cook with it, spread it on toast, etc. It becomes liquid at 76 degrees. You don't have to refrigerate it, and it has a shelf life of 2 years before it may go rancid. There's a lot of interesting information about it on the web. Good luck --

Mary
  3. kdd

kdd New Member

Thank you for the info on coconut oil. I will definately give it a try.
    Thanks, Kim