Candida

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CarolDonz, Nov 6, 2005.

1. CarolDonz

CarolDonz New Member

Hi all,

Anyone w/a candida problem, or being too acidic? I have several health probs, including digestive ailments, fibro, chronic fatigue, etc, and I've heard that these conditions can add to the ailments or make them worse.

Thanks,
    Carol
  2. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

are two of the health problems I have, the candida is getting better with pro biotics and I have cut way down on the sugar, I'm not having any luck with the low PH getting better
  3. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I followed the Candida diet for 34 weeks strictly. Now I still don't eat sugar or sugar substitutes other than Stevia. I eat very little yeast and limit my cheese, vinegar ect... Basically eating what I want but in moderation with mostly veggies and meats. I also take probiotics, garlic and nystatin. I will continue untill I am off all antibiotics and then eliminate the nystatin. I jhope this helps! Lynn

PS all of my digestive problems went away and I have lost 28 lbs. My skin, hair and nails are better too! L
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

your post has given me hope. I keep trying and failing to stop the sugar etc and sometimes I think, well is it really worth it, would it make any difference at all.

I see it has for you, so I will try again.

love
    Rosie
  5. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I responded on my weekend away post but I will tell you it is so hard to stick to! You may go off track from time to time but keep trying. I imagined the Candida a beast in my belly I was trying to starve out. I also found some good products. Vans Wheat free waffles. Wheat free tortillas. Mrs Leepers veggie twists for a pasta. These helped.

There is nothing you can do for the sugar but tough it out. I had hear the cravings go away in about two weeks and believe it or not it was true. But.... That won't happen if you eat the splenda ect... So... It's hard.

Good Luck with it and if there are any foods you are having an especially hard time with let me know and I may have a solution. Lynn