Cannot drink alchohol anymore/tried something that worked!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerriPB, Jul 12, 2003.

1. TerriPB

TerriPB New Member

Hi Everyone,
    My name is Terri, and I am new to the board. I read several postings about not being able to drink alchol anymore. I for one would get really dizzy and drunk AND sick from just one or two glasses of wine.
    I have started to take Milk Thisle supplements. They cleanse the liver and have really helped. Not that I am partying every night but now when I have a glass of wine I can enjoy it with my meal and not feel sick.
    Thought I would pass this on.
    Terri
  2. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

thank you...i used to drink like a sailor...well not that much..like a fish? er mermaid? .thought it was the fm.... or the methadone..more likely. and shouldn't drink too much w/that anyway. but anything would help if i want to tie one on!!!:)

alice
  3. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Hi Terri,
    I used to be able to drink well, alot! I got bored with that, but I still love the taste of good wine. Unfortunatly it makes me feel icky now.
    I have been wondering about Milk Thistle as someone mentioned it to me recently, and now you did.
    I think it is pretty expensive, but it's moved up a notch on my list of things to try :)
    It sure would be nice to enjoy a glass of wine again.
    Ziggy
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Terri, welcome to our world. As for the drinking, I could dirnk a bar dry and never get a buzz on. Something to do with something in my body makeup, always forget the name of it!

I do like the taste of a good sweet red wine. Like King David, wonderful sweet wine if you like the red wines.

Have always been strange with liquor. Never seem to have an effect on me like other people. I am the only person I know that is like this.

What does Milk Thistle have to do with liquor? I was always told that codliver oil was the best solution for those who wanted to drink. It coats the stomach and will stop the liquor from affecting the liver.

Interesting subject, will look up the Milk Thistle. I have some here in tea bags. I also grow it.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl