Cannot post reply???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Applyn59, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Hi,

I just tried to post a reply to Axeman and I keep
    getting a message saying that accessing
    the chat forum was unsuccessful.

Anyone else having these problem?
    I tried it more than one.
    Maybe it is a fluke. Will have to try another message
    to reply to.

Lynn
  2. Jen F

Jen F New Member

"the chat forum "

is different than the msg boards, right?

were you trying to post a reply on the msg board or access the live chat rooms?

hope you sorted it out.

jen
  3. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

No. I was definitely here on this board. I was responding to a post by axeman. I couldn't understand
    why it said chat forum either but I guess that is
    what they call these message boards. The chat
    room is a chat room! LOL

Anyway, I tried two or three times and I couldn't do it.
    I then went to another post and was able to.
    Quirky, huh?

Lynn
    who is foggy anyway
  4. Jen F

Jen F New Member

that's never happened to me...

I wonder what caused that....

so, fibrofog not the culprit, eh?

strange...

if it happens again, I would suggest emailing webmaster.

hey, did you make it to the hot tub last 2 days?
  5. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Yes, it was strange. I also couldn't get to
    this website last night either. I can get to any website, but this one!!! I was so annoyed.

I also have been getting error messages here.
    Those I have forwarded to the webmaster twice
    I think.

Maybe I am now allergic to this site as well
    as everything else in the universe!

No, I did not make it into the hot tub. I felt
    better yesterday but it was still that icky stickyw
    weather and ozone ickiness. I knew it would
    kill me to go and said I would go today.
    Well, I was up all night hobbling to the
    bathroom and didn't sleep until 8 a.m. I asked
    my mother to wake me up at 1p. so I could go
    to hot tub. I had a huge headache and was
    very nauseated. I went back to bed.

Can't believe it's been two plus hours since
    I went to bathroom. Immodium must work!!!

Thanks for asking.
    How's the neck thing going?

Lynn
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

The board was down last night for hours. I could get on but could not post, it went on for hours.

I was up untill four am with heartburn, so there was no going to bed.

Have not had a problem tonight, yet.

Shalom, Shirl

7. Jen F

Jen F New Member

Don't know if that's irony or whether board is often down late at night for maintenenance...

lol!

hey there. Thanks for asking about my neck.

Neck thing is...is...well, I think improving. Yeah, I think I can definitely say improving significantly. Thanks for asking. The pain isn't a huge concern right now, thank god! Rather than giving me something new for pain when I asked on tues, GP suggested I try the Tyl 3 again, but with the heat emergency here I didn't want to take a chance on it being the Tyl3 I reacted to allergically. Severe burning of my skin would be absolutely intolerable in the 42 degree C heat [108F?] here. so i toughed it out with regular tyl- was only in tears once or twice [from discomfort] and since then haven't been in tears, lately and even reduced the regular tylenol.

I can lift a bit more with my arms and don't need to immobilize my back and neck while sitting, so much.

however, as soon as I lie down to go to bed or for a chiro treatment within about 3 seconds my whole left arm and part of my hand goes numb. It is hard for me to get my chiro treatments because of that, but even though it's very uncomfortable, I tough it out and try to relax as much as possible for my back adjustments. Ccertain movements of my neck or arms also causes numbness and tingling. Shaving under my arms is quite challenging. Lots of tingling if I try and I still can't look at my left armpit. And washing my hair is difficult, but I've been having a little trouble with that for a while anyways due to fatigue and having difficulty holding my arms up. so, I've been opting for the one quick 2in1 product wash lately.

I had a friend visiting help by shaving under my arms for me recently and if nec I could probably ask my homemaker to wash my hair. Otherwise, I just make do with dirty hair for more days than usual. Tonight I did manage a quick wash.

I got a referral to a physiatrist and osteopath, will probably hear back about appts next week and I will see then how long the wait is.

I started traction at the chiro recently, hopefully that will help, and I am trying zostrix on my arm for the pain and numbness [neuralgia?].

AT this point, I am now trying to recover physically since i am very tired from all the appointments and research.

I'm glad that the Immodium gave you a couple hours break from the throne!

I too was unable to post a reply late last night. But, as Shirl told us, that is explained by the board being down.

I hope you have a good night! wait, let me rephrase that...with all your current medical problems, that might be a little optimistic. Perhaps I should wish you a *decent* night? More achievable? lol! Or a night with an extra hour of sleep more than usual?? Some bit of relief anyways, dear!

Night!
  8. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

And here, Jen, one of our very own, wanted to blame it on FMS!!! LOL
  9. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

I am glad your pain has abated, Jen.
    WOw! 108! How horrendous!! That heat would
    kill me. Of course, I would have to leave the house
    to even notice it.

Is it the immobilization you tried last week that helped?

Speaking of necks, did I tell you that one PT gave me an excercise for my neck that consisted of nothing other
    than lying down on a flat service without a pillow!
    My neck is kind of curved and doing that is enough
    to stretch it. I am such a pathetic creature, aren't I?

Shaving arms can be hard. I always put the hand
    of the arm I am shaving on my head for support! LOL
    That is, if you can stand the weight! My poor mother
    has no feeling in the arm where they did the node
    dissection for breast cancer. So she shaves, but can't feel. The radiation did stop air growth for a while, also.

It is a very huge project for me to wash my hair.
    It is awful. Taking a shower is another one.
    I try to wash my hair in the sink, but it's hard on
    my back. There have been times where I had
    to sit in a chair taking a shower and my mother
    had to wash my hair for me. I could not do it
    for the life of me. I had a hump appearance on my upper back beneath my neck. I had been to drs who saw it. My FMS dr. thought it was my FMS causing the
    swelling. So did I. However, I had a subcutaneus
    cyst (sp) at the top of my back that I had for over
    10 years. Every dr. I saw said it was fine. Well,
    it turned bright red and it turned out that my huge
    swelling on my back was from a huge infection!!!
    That is why my neck and back and arms were killing me. I had been sleeping on a backrest at night
    because I couldn't sleep. I was sleeping one hour
    at that time. I figured out on my own it was infected
    so I had to have it lanced. The dr. couldn't believe the amount of fluid (my nice word) extracted from it.
    He couldn't understand how I withstood the pain.
    I said, hey, I live in chronic pain and am used to it.
    While it was infected, I showed it to my FMS
    dr. He said it would be a good idea to have it
    removed while it was infected!!!! I called the surgeons
    office and they said you had to be rid of the infection
    and have it lanced before a surgeon could remove
    the entire sac! Some doctors!!!!!!!!!! It was awful.
    Can you believe the dr. who lanced it, and this was
    like the size of a nickel, put a huge bandage covering
    the uppper half of my back. I had three wicks in me!
    I, of course, fragile soul that I am, became allergic
    to the tape they used. When I went back the other
    dr. felt bad that I was so red! My mother had to put
    a new bandage on me and put hydrogen peroxide
    in the site wound daily for six weeks before I could
    have it removed!

quick 2in1 product wash lately.

What is this??? 2in1?? I ordered something off the shopping channel that was waterless shampoo.
    Well, of course, I am allergic to it. It's so smelly
    and awful. I once tried another product and it made
    my hair dirtier! What are you talking about? I have
    seen showercaps that you put on and clean your
    hair that way.

I had a friend visiting help by shaving under my arms for me recently and if nec I could probably ask my homemaker to wash my hair. Otherwise, I just make do with dirty hair for more days than usual. Tonight I did manage a quick wash.

My hair goes dirty for days. I hate it but I can't do it.

I got a referral to a physiatrist and osteopath, will probably hear back about appts next week and I will see then how long the wait is.

Hope the physitarist and osteopath are of some help to you.

I am about to begin the appointment mill and I know how tiring it is. The year I had my gallbladder out,
    I had either a drs appt or a test or an SSDI dr
    visit scheduled about every other day for three
    weeks. It is brutal!

Very funny about the Immodium and throne.
    You obviously have not read my update on the
    Immodium phiasco! That word does not look
    like it is spelled right but I love it!

Right now, I am famished and so afraid to eat.
    I have to eat something though because I need
    my meds!!!! I am calling the GI tomorrow. Thanks
    for your input on my ummm, output!

Yes, you are being optimistic, indeed!
    You are funny.

You said,

"I hope you have a good night! wait, let me rephrase that...with all your current medical problems, that might be a little optimistic. Perhaps I should wish you a *decent* night? More achievable? lol! Or a night with an extra hour of sleep more than usual?? Some bit of relief anyways, dear! "

Thanks for your humor and support.
    It's not easy! LOL
    I am so hoping to make it into that hot tub tomorrow!
    I have to call the GI first. I also have to make sure
    I can go without running into trouble. No more immodium for this girl!!!!! Beached whale ring a bell?

Hope you are feeling better!
    Night.
  10. Jen F

Jen F New Member

...about the hump on your back...and then even reacting to the bandages...wow...

Hey, I could have treated your wound. I'm good at that. Treated a number of abscesses on my cat and other cats. Imagine that, though...having an infection for so long. You are lucky that didn't kill you, perhaps. I wonder if it damaged you in some long term way, you know on your immune system or something.

The 2in1 product I mentioned was my reference to a shampoo and conditioner in one bottle. My usual habit is to wash my hair twice and then condition it, so to just give one quick wash and that's that is unusual for me. I also used to wash my hair every day or other day, but not anymore. Now it's often a quick wash under the arms and maybe in 2 other places and on with the day.

I have mild MCS, so I often use perfume free products from the health food store when it comes to shampoos and conditioners and soap and cleaners.

I remember in the 70's my aunt with oily hair used an "instant" shampoo product that you sprayed in your hair. I think it was some sort of powder that abosred oil. But, i don't see it on the market anymore. If desperate I occasionally sprinkle a bit of baby powder on the top of my head and brush it in.

Do you have a juicer? Can you make some fresh veggie juice for yourself? Might have better luck absorbing nutrients. Or maybe eat papaya? it's supposed to be good and gentle on digestion.

Try not to worry too much about getting into the gi doc. the stress will just make you worse. If necessary, maybe ER will be the answer.

Have you tried enteric coated peppermint oil capsules? and how about ginger? you can make the ginger into a tea by adding some chopped to hot water and boiling for awhile, I think.

What happens when you eat rice? the same as potatoes?

There are some "survival kits" avail on the internet for various bowel problems, such as celiac disease. i think they are liquid or powdered meal replacements/supplements, not cheap but perhaps might help you??

Make sure you drink lots of water to keep up with your loss.

and hey, you're not getting into MY hottub with those bowel problems...man...oh..man....

Just kidding!

For one thing, I don't have a hot tub. For another, I couldn't deny your suffering sensitive soul a soak. but, I'd rather not know...so perhaps don't tell the owners about your little problem. Seen that commercial? guy in the hot tub with friend, other friend yells out to him so how's your diarrhea? the other friend in the hot tub starts to look rather alarmed. :)

Did your hump completely go away? My mother has a bit of a hump on her upper back. We wonder if related to her neck surgery and/or being on prednisone for awhile, or maybe just a fat pad, she is overweight and has a double chin. it may just be an area where we store fat. We both have a fat pad above our coccyx, so that one is probably just anatomical -- and yet we both have broken our tailbone, so who knows??

I hear ya about the hair washing. Yeah,...the sink is too hard on the back.

Sometimes I sit in the tub to do it. If i am really weak I could ask my homemaker to do it.

I think you maybe should get some home help esp if your mom is sick too, eh?

Ciao for now.

jen