Can't Believe I traveled!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Jan 23, 2006.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I have suffered with fibro for over 15 years. In the last two years, thankfully I have found a very good doctor who has supported me both emotionally and with the proper medications.

I have come to realize that stress and negativity truly caused alot of my suffering. I have made radical changes that have helped. I no longer watch the news, or violent tv, etc. I also stay away from negative people and situations as much as possible.

I am truly beginning to recognize negativity, whereas before I did not.

Two years ago, I never dreamed I would be able to travel. I hurt ALL the time. I would go for weeks without leaving the house. That is no life - to be so isolated.

This last week we went to Cancun and it was great. Granted, it was a business trip, but I so enjoyed myself.

They are still recovering from the hurricane and many hotels still have no windows but we stayed at a nice place. The ocean was an unbelievable turquoise blue.

As I continue to get stronger, I realize I really need to stay away from negative people and situations. Even my husband who sometimes wants to express negativity, I ask him to stop. I don't think he even realizes he is being so negative.

I also stopped watching all news, upsetting tv or movies, etc. I just can't take it.

I am now planning a trip to Alberta Canada in July and next January the Cayman Islands. These are business trips, however we can squeeze in some pleasure time.

This is all a miracle for me and I still cannot believe things have changed so much. I still have fibro and hurt, but with my meds and lifestyle changes, I am doing so much better. My pain is down to a "2".

I pray for everyone here you will find your own ways to improve. Naturally it does not happen overnight, but it can happen. I believe we can get better, I am living proof. It's just that we have to work hard to protect ourselves.

Take care all.....
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I say just take "one day at a time" and so far things are getting much better. I still give most the credit to my doctor.

When I was talking about getting a apartment, I was not going to leave my husband, I was just going to have another place to go I could call my own. I guess a second home where it would be "hands off" for him.

As it turned out,once I explained all the things that were upsetting me, he stopped.

Write when you can, I hope things are getting better for you soon.
  3. MtnDews

MtnDews New Member

Way to go! Yes, with the right doctor, you have access to the drugs that help. And it's taken me a while to realize that I can feel just as bad somewhere else. It does us all good to get away for a while. The aches and pains always go with me, but sometimes new scenery is helpful in distracting some of the pain and fatigue away. Glad you were brave enough to step out there.
    H