Can't Describe How You Feel

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Jul 25, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Does anyone ever feel so bad that you can't verbal describe how you feel? That is how I feel today and when I go to doctors I just can't seem to put it in words..

Back to bed I go,
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

there are no words sometimes GG, it's an indescribable feeling. and usually i forget to tell my doc half the things i wan't to tell her.

Last winter my HUsband got the flu, it was the first time EVER! so i thought Now he might understand what i feel like most of the time.

when someone tells you the house is a wreck, and why don't you get up and do something, Anything. they still don't get it. i guess he already forgot what it felt like to be that sick, and can't imagine being that way all day every day!

All i can say is sometimes it's so bad, i imagine thats what Dying feels like. It can't get much worse :(

Take care Gran, Im in bed too.

3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Yes it can be very hard to describe just how horrible you feel, especially when you're in the middle of feeling it.

When it's a really bad day, generally just the way I look, or not being able to respond verbally, my inability to walk etc. is usually a pretty good indication of just how crappy I feel, but even then I don't think others can truly understand just how bad it is for us.

Besides the pain, the fatigue, lack of energy, the complete and utter drained feeling is equally difficult. Most people have had the stomach flu - so I try to tell them to imagine having the stomach flu where you're so sick, freezing cold with a fever, you need two blankets, you ache terribly, maybe even having to lay on the bathroom floor cause you can't move....then imagine someone saying "okay, get up, you've got to get on with your day...gotta go to work (or whatever)" Most people look at me in horror because when you're in that situation all you can do is go back to bed and hope to fall asleep - but see, I then remind them, that in 24 hrs, we aren't all better - the "bug" doesn't go away. Oh and someone stomped on us while we were on the bathroom floor so we're battered and bruised, and darn, the house is a mess, dinner needs to be made....

Does that describe OUR physical feelings? No, but I think it gives some people the understanding of the emotional toll it takes to try to go on while feeling like total CRAP.
  4. Tizz

Tizz New Member

You said, "when I go to doctors I just can't seem to put it in words".

It doesn't help at all, that when you're at the doctor's office you're a little bit stressed which can trigger fibrofog! I won't get to see my rheumatologist for 5 more months and I already have half a dozen things I don't want to forget to tell or ask him about. I've been making a list, so I won't forget -- but of course, that wouldn't prevent me from forgetting to bring the list... :(

I was fibrofogging earlier today and having lots of trouble trying to get to a friend's house. My hubby was mad; he kept saying things like, "You've already been here 3 times! How could you have missed that turn?!" It made me feel really bad. But I just don't remember things the way I used to -- and my hubby DOESN'T GET IT...

Sometimes I think it's my fault because I should explain it better to my family. But to me it seems like they aren't listening, anyway. The truth is probably a little of both.

5. greatgran

greatgran Member

I can't seem to tell my doc how I feel mainly because he doesn't listen.. I have my list and try to tell him my complaints and I get that darn look, one day I just handed it to him .. Well, what good that did. Have seen 3 rheumys which look at me like I am nuts.. One told me to go home and take tylenol..

They tell me I am complicated. Yes, I am because I want answers or understanding on how to cope. Don't think they like people they can't make better..

The doc I had has moved so still searching for another.. Many will not take fibro/fm pts. My rheumy is no good or we certainly have a big lack of communication. I don't feel up to going out of town but may have to..

Thanks and God Bless,
  6. 3gs

3gs New Member

Am so relating to everything everyone said,triple fold.

gg-same problem-doc who doesnt listen,doesnt know what he's doing and doesnt care. only thing he is good for are meds. too sick to look for another one.

wish I could find a lyme doc.
    take care
  7. u&iraok

u&iraok New Member

It's like if there was no word for nausea how would you describe it? We need words to describe how we feel, but if healthy people don't have the same feelings how will they know what it is?

It's a quandry.
  8. bakeman

bakeman New Member

9. MsE

MsE New Member

I have to write everything out ahead of time and take my list with me, and even then I sometimes get that famous doctor look that implies he doesn't get it. I have to say, though, that my doc usually tries very hard to comprehend and help. Most of the time when I see him it is because I feel like I'm walking in a foot of wet sand with a case of the flu that makes my bones ache, and my mind is somewhere on a floating dock bouncing around. Then he says something like, "I always thought CFS was a neurological problem. But, let's check your thyroid again." So we smile at each other, and I leave heading for the lab and not knowing anything more than I did before I went to his office. Bummer.
  10. NanaGB57

NanaGB57 New Member

I read your post and I completly understand...I have fibro and had 2 disk fusions in my neck..and Thurs I go again back to the Dr. but guess what? I'm ready after 5 months of going through so much pain..I did alot of research this morning on many issues...and I wrote everything down on paper so I DON"T forget a thing and how I can word it...hope this helps...

11. u&iraok

u&iraok New Member

Imagine that you ran a marathon and then drove in a car for 10 hours with someone who smoked and left the windows closed, then you drank too much and now it's the next day and you have a hangover and are coming down with the flu.
  12. Tizz

Tizz New Member

It's one of those days for me...

13. Tizz

Tizz New Member

I do physical therapy in a heated pool, and I was there yesterday morning. The PT asked how I was feeling and I said, "OK... tired."

I meant: tired all over, sore muscles for no reason, achy joints... a fibro flare, I guess.

But that's not what I said.

14. keke466

keke466 New Member

I never can remember to tell the Dr everything so when I went in on the 13th I had made alist of symptoms and I just told her I needed to read them off to her since I can't remember so that's what I did. Not that it will do any good.
  15. u&iraok

u&iraok New Member

I know, you say 'tired' but it's oh, so much more. And then they don't think it's such a big deal, "oh, you have chronic fatigue sydrome, so you're tired all the time, so, a lot of us are tired all the time, maybe I have chronic fatigue syndrome, too."