Can't ever sit still what about you

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LauraLea, Jan 21, 2003.

1. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

I couldn't sit still even if my life depended on it. LOL

About every half hour or so I have to strech. I hate getting my hair cut or going to the denist because I can't stand not moving around.

Most of the time I don't even notice it. But sometimes I think if it was someone else would I think that they were on drugs or something because they can sit still?

Even when I was a kid my mom use to tell me that I was always fidgeting. Anyone else have this problem?
    Laura

2. Nannibel

Nannibel Member

my dentist told me with a rather perturbed attitude that would make appointments that would be shorter in time, requiring more visits but shorter ones.......he said I get too "fidgety"
  3. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

For as long as I can remember I could not sit still. I always had the hardest time at a movie theater, dentist, hair dresser or anything which I had to sit still. My husband gets so irritated with me when I sit next to him because I have to shake my leg, tap my foot, or get up and down. Just cannot sit still for long.
    HURTSALOT2
  4. coyote

coyote New Member

I have been wondering how many people with FMS have also been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder.
    Anyone here?
  5. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

I used to be the most mellowest, calmest, and not what you'd call nervous until 3 yrs ago when it all began. Now I can't sit still either...I'm rocking in my chair right now! It helps somehow to keep moving. It just bugs me that all this moving doesn't make me lose weight!! I do find that Klonopin helps it some but also makes me a bit more depressed than usual so I debate every day...do I want to be more depressed or more calm.

I have children who do get the fidgeties and I worry that they will someday have this DD...one does already at 33. So maybe it depends on what generation you are as too how long you've been fidgeting.

You are not alone -- we should all get together...we could make wine by swishing the grapes with our feet in no time flat!! LOL....I remain...
    Aching & Shaking
  6. pearls

pearls New Member

For my first two years with this DD I was constantly moving, though I was sick as a dog. These days I move less, but I suspect the lack of movement is drug-induced.

-Pearl
  7. healing

healing New Member

Me too. My cat won't sit on my lap anymore!
    Obviously, it's a conscious or unconscious effort to get comfortable. We never give up hope! LOL
  8. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I can't seem to get comfortable when I'm sitting. I'm moving my shoulder or arm, and just can't get "right". It's hard to explain. Mostly it's my right side, don't ask me why. I never used to be like this, it's only the past few years, since I was diagnosed. We are a strange bunch, aren't we?

Annette2
  9. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

My right leg is always going and going just like the energizer bunny I think. The longer i sit the fater it goes too. I have more pain on the left side and often wonder if the right one does this to help distract myself from the pain on my left. Just a guess. I am either swishing my leg back and forth or my foot is moving away and i can not stop it.

Should of seen me at my hearing with the Judge for Disability. My Attoenrey was next to me and it was just going crazy. He kept looking under the table at my leg and finally asked the Judge if we could take a break because my leg was driving him nuts. Oh well, this is the new me.
    Joannie