Cant figure out the probelm with typing and typo errors....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pamela, Mar 17, 2003.

1. pamela

pamela New Member

Since I have had this miserable utterly horrendous FMS I cant type anymore. On all my posts and answer back stuff I send to you guys I have to edit everything like never bofore (before) and it comes out like this...all my words are backeards (backwards) and this is not jsut (just) the tiop (tip) of thei (the) iceberg. I cant type anything without all the words trearranged (rearranged). Any suggestions? Is it my brian (brain) fog or waht (what)? I corrected these words so you can understand this message but 70% of my words are all backwards. I use to type real good...suggestions anybody? have I turned dyslexic?..... A very confussed Pammy P.S. Cant think anymore either...Cant remember simple thing either....I feel im getting worse...Oh-h-h-h- N-o-o-o-o-o-o!!!!!
  2. KimAB

KimAB New Member

And the sicker I am the worse it gets ! Can't spell, can't think, can't remember, can't type. AND I will also sometimes thing one word and put in a completely different word and not even know it. For a while I thought it was head injury related but now I think it is fibro related because it gets better or worse as I do. When it is worse I can't even correct myself.
  3. nefran5

nefran5 New Member

has this dyslexic problem....which we did not have before we got sick. It is especially scarey when it affects the way you hear and when you are not sure if the words coming out of your mouth are right.

Despite our misspellings and awkward ways of saying things (when we can't think of a simple, common word and such) there is much wisdom here on this message board.

I found that drinking plenty of water and minimizing sweets helped to lessen the dyslexic-type stuff.

Peace, Nefra
  4. pamela

pamela New Member

That was really funny!!! Nothing like a bit of humor in the corporate setting?! Actually the corporate settings these days could use a bit of humor!!! I'll never work in any of that again...talk about stress!!!! Just shoot me...Thanks for your replys ...(edited about 15 times)...Pammy
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I used to be a very fast and accurate typist. Geez, somedays now, it looks as though my typing has been done by a chimp. Our cognitive problems also affect short-term, and even long-term memory. I can get lost going someplace I've been going for years. At least I don't get bored with repition :)

Love, Mikie
  6. lin21

lin21 New Member

and it's getting worse. I used to be a very fast accurate typist and now I have to edit everything. I also know what I want to write but when I go back to edit I put in a wrong word here and there. It's very frustrating but just proves I couldn't do my previous job or any other job for that matter!!
  7. dawnie1960

dawnie1960 New Member

I noticed it was getting really bad for me a couple of years ago. Lately it can be horrendous! I've been a secretary for 18 years and used to be able to not even look at the screen (or typewriter) when typing and when finsihed wouldn't have one mistake!

Now, I type a word or two and have to look up and check as I'm going along. And, I can't seem to spell check my own work but can others. It's makes my day very time consuming and frustrating. I call it "dyslexic fingers"!

My lips also don't work well some days! What sounds perfectly fine to me comes out (apparently) like this:

"Yub ghiup beev nidth wosuycky!" ;-)

I sure get strange looks, not to mention embarrased. Plus, it's very tiring to have to repeat almost everything I say. The other thing I get from people alot is, "Pardon? Speak up." Sounded okay to me and loud enough. So I take a deep breath and say it again.

Yup it sure is nice to know I'm not alone with this!

8. pamela

pamela New Member

Okay there has to be a solution!!! HA!!!! Yeah Right...Don't know how im going to take the typing test for a new job if I have too. The talking thing I have too. Can't even say a word without stumping on myself...my brain is stuck and can't remember stuff...pammy
  9. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

I do the same thing, sometimes i just leave it cause i figger that you all are doing the same things so you will be able to read it lol..

sguh lol
    Jeanna
  10. 2girls

2girls New Member

This can get pretty funny! We have a vast children's library at home and I have always read to my kids. Pretty much memorized every word, so was on autopilot for the most part. I can't even do this anymore! My daughter actually corrects me when I mix up the words.

2girls
  11. nancyw

nancyw New Member

Hi Everyone! OK, count me in somewhat. I've been an Admin Asst for 30 years in some capacity and NORMALLY type about 90 wpm with no errors. I find now that I'm making more errors than is normal for me, but the big thing is I can't THINK. I go back and read some of my posts and it sounds like gibberish. I can't remember the second msg when I just read it 2 minutes ago. I also have the talking thing bad. I embarrass myself all the time now because I make up the weirdest words or just forget what I was talking about or forget the point of my story. So sad. I can't imagine beging employed in ANY job when I am so mentally strained.