Can't find my value...

Discussion in 'Caregivers' started by HarpoftheSymphony, Jul 2, 2003.

1. HarpoftheSymphony

HarpoftheSymphony New Member

I just can't find my talents! I have given art a shot but I draw like a little baby.

-I love playing guitar and listening to music, but because of my lack of proper instruction (I taught myself), I can't play right.

-I tried songwriting but the words and melodies are buried deep within me...

-I am no mathematician, I hate numbers. That also eliminates science.

-I want to be an actor but I am of Asian blood and I know I can't get any good roles. However, I could get an Asian-speaking role but I can't speak any Asian language!

-I want to be a critic/writer but my work is pathetic!

WHAT CAN I DO? WHAT CAN I TRY? My life is just destined for poverty. I grew up wealthy (fairly wealthy) and never had to face any real-life duties like cleaning the house or anything...It's just fate that I will grow up to be a poor boy and there's nothing I can do but accept it.

2. afeni

afeni New Member

You could work in a music store. you could get a degree and teach music appreciation. You could go to school to learn about art, and work in a gallery. You never know about that acting thing, until you try.

Just like most things people do, you have to go to school alot of tims. And there are many ways to do someting that you love, if you stop and think about it.

And of course there is sales, and moving furniture and delivery service....
    Really, just think about all the different ways you can be a part of those things you love. I'm sure if you do, you will find something that makes you feel good. come up with a goal, and work at it, or you with most likely be poor and unhappy.