****** CAN'T GO W/OUT MY PROHEALTH ENZYMES *****

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jeanne-in-Canada, May 2, 2006.

1. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I've been using ProEnzyme P, from the Prohealth store here for almost a year. It's a cheaper knockoff of the famous German Dr. patented, Wobenzyme. I noticed a reduction of pain, esp. if I used them w/ aloe juice at first. I use them mostly for inflammation, in place of ibuprofen now. They help tons for any kind of inflammation like IBS, PMS, periods, and back and various muscle swelling. They also help w/ gout.

I ddin't think they were helping much w/ pain anymore. I guess i was used to them. So I tried another brand, I've tried a few others, but always went back to them for price and because most others didn't work, or were so strong I'd get dizzy and nauseaus. They have a blood thinning effect too, becasue they clean your lymph and blood and that's how they kncok down the inflammation, they burrow their way right to the site of the swelling. The other brand had a gel cap that made me sick w/ allergy among other things.

I also found out how invaluable they are now. My pain levels shot right up w/out them. And I was having to up my doses of narcotics to the point they weren't going to last the mth. I won't try to go w/out them, or switch brands again.

I also have a friend w/ arthritis. She gets severe redness and swelling. I got her to try them and she's hooked now. She doesn't have to use ibuprofen now either, the enzymes work better. You can't even tell she has arthritis anymore, and she only needs 1-2/day to get her amazing results.

Thank goodness I sold her a bottle and she was able to exchange me some for my enzymes that don't work for me. If she likes them, she'll buy them off me and I won't be $70 down the tubes. The darn things were more expensive and had half as many per bottle too.

God bless Prohealth. Now maybe I can convince Ron to let me go on the Smartbuy program. It's cheaper to be a member, and now he sees that I need certain products, or else...

Jeanne

[This Message was Edited on 05/03/2006]
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Jeanne,
    I was thinking of posting something similar! I had taken both Wobenzyme and Proenzyme P with good results. For various reasons, I had stopped taking them. My pain has been worse recently and I,too, have been taking more pain meds. I decided to try the Proenzyme P again and within days, I was much more comfortable without any other pain meds.

Are they a miracle? No, but they do make a great difference and they are a much healthier option that we can choose on our own.

Kathy.
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I just ordered Proenzyme P a couple of days ago from PH, and they should arrive tomorrow. Jeanne, I was going to post and ask you about them!

How often do you take them and at what time of day? Do you take them with food or without? Or just after eating? Is there anything you need to avoid taking them with? Do you vary the number you take according to how you feel?

I'm so excited to get my Proenzyme P! Thanks for sharing this information!

Katy
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

TwinMa,
    They need to be taken away from food if they are used for pain relief. Otherwise they just work as regular digestive enzymes. I hope they work for you.

Kathy.
  6. Jeanne-in-Canada

I can take them w/ or w/out food, and they still work. I only take one at a time, even though the dose is supposed to be 3. Tried that dose only once, and got so dizzy and nauseaus, too much blood thinning for my gooey blood I'm guessing. Or maybe too much detox, too fast.

If I'm having a rough day, I take one every few hours. I take the odd day off.

They don't work that well as a digestive aid. They only digest protein, and I need a full spectrum dig. enzyme for big meals. I stagger w/ dig. enzymes and aloe juice too when my digestion acts up too much, or I've been lazy w/ my diet and my gut needs some healing. the best thing to take for bloating and indigestion pain is a probiotic really. I take 3 probiotics, but the best one for that is Cal'dophilus by Natural Factors. Though I highly recommend Prohealths' Jarrodophilus which I also take.

You may have a few side effects. These aren't adverse reactions, but part of the detox action the enzymes have on the blood and the lymph. Both me and the gal w/ arthritis (who got total arthritis remission w/ them) both get sweaty feet. I change between 2 pairs of socks all day when I need to take them alot. It's a small price to pay for the many benefits. We both got dizzy at first, esp. dummy me for taking the recommended dose of 3 when I should have worked my way up to it, it passed for both of us w/ the right dose.

Jeanne
  7. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I really appreciate the information! I'm looking forward to starting the Proenzyme P.

I also ordered Fatigued to Fantastic (kinda pricey) and melatonin. It will be interesting to see how I react to each. I'll be starting one at a time, of course!

Thanks again to both of you!

Katy
  8. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

9. Jeanne-in-Canada

Is anyone interested in a natural and safe alternative to ibuprofen and NSAIDS? Try ProEnzyme P.

Jeanne
  10. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Jeanne,

Is the Proenzymes P safe to take with muscle relaxants and pain meds.? Right now I am only on Flexeril (generic) at night since I finally just got dxed. I tried Ibuprohen a long time ago and it really doesn't do much of anything for me except upset my stomach if I take to many of them. So now I hardly ever take any, just once in awhile. Did you ask your doc about taking any of the supplements?

Thanks alot for your info so far and in advance.

Blessings again and soft hugs,

Marilyn (that granni)
  11. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

These were actually prescribed for me by my ND. They do not interfere with any of the other meds I am taking.

Kathy.
  12. Jeanne-in-Canada

She actually rx'd Serrapeptase, they are proteolytic (protein digesting) as well, but they come from the silk worm enzyme and are very expensive. She thought they were better than what I was using, but not for me they weren't. It was actually a blend of serrapeptase along w/ a similar blend to the ProEnzyme P that I tried and didn't agree w/ me. I reacted really bad to the capsule they came in (ProEnzymeP is an enteric coated tab), and they just didn't work much when I took them out of the capsule. So that's my last lesson in trying other types.

Generally docs won't know about using enzymes for inflammation and injury, not here anyway. In Germany where Wobenzyme was patented by a doctor, they are huge, but generally Europe and other overseas' places are ahead of us in natural medicines. We are just disovering them again, and they mostly didn't stop using them.

They only meds they can react w/ are probably blood thinners. I'll copy the writeup for you from the store. Or just click on store at the top of the page here, and plug in ProEnzyme P. They are usually on the front page anyway, becasue they are a best seller. They are even more amzing if you have arthritis.

Jeanne
  13. Jeanne-in-Canada

The enzymes Trypsin, Chymotrypsin, Pancreatin, Bromelain, and Papain, found in ProEnzyme P™, provide natural support for aching joints and promotes the proper function of the inflammatory response systems in the body. These enzymes have been used by athletes around the world to support their recovery from sore muscles.

Systemic Enzymes and the Inflammatory Process

ProEnzyme P™ helps support the inflammation response system by utilizing systemic oral enzymes. These enzymes hasten the inflammation process to promote healthy tissue function. ProEnzyme P™ stimulates macrophages and supports the inflammation response by helping the body to break up large pro-inflammatory immune complexes that have accumulated in the body.

In addition, the enzymes in ProEnzyme P™ promote normal microcirculation. Improved microcirculation, combined with the reduced size of the immune complexes, helps promote healthy inflammation processes.

How it Works

ProEnzyme™ P is a natural enzyme formula that works with the body’s immune defense system to promote a healthy inflammatory response.

Enzymes are various types of proteins which act as catalysts to facilitate the body’s biochemical processes. More than 3,000 different enzymes have been identified in the human body. These enzymes build new proteins, cells, tissues, and organs. We all rely on optimal enzyme activity throughout our lives to enjoy peak health.

Enzymes such as bromelain and papain - which are found in ProEnzyme™ P, are derived from pineapples and papayas, respectively. Trypsin and pancreatin are derived from healthy porcine pancreas. Enzymes are found most active in raw or lightly cooked foods - unfortunately, the moderate temperatures at which most foods are cooked destroy important enzymes. This is why it is very difficult to obtain all the enzymes we need through diet alone. Additionally, medical experts have found that as we age, our ability to manufacture enzymes diminishes.*

Enteric Coated for Safe Delivery

To ensure safe delivery of the enzymes to the site of inflammation, ProEnzyme P™ utilizes enteric coated tablets to protect the enzymes as they pass through the stomach and into the intestine, where the active enzymes are absorbed into the lymphatic system and dispersed throughout the body to sites of inflammation.

ProEnzyme P™ is also a digestive supporter. The enzymes in ProEnzyme P™ are natural components of the digestion process and help to digest food more easily. A more balanced digestion process reduces gastrointestinal problems such as temporary digestive upset, which can result from improper or incomplete digestion. Pro Health’s ProEnzyme P™ is a comprehensive enzymatic formula that offers the best value of all the natural enzyme products.
  14. Jeanne-in-Canada

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 3 tablets
    Servings Per Container: 66
    Amount Per Serving %DV

Pancreatin (4X) 300 mg *
    Supplying: Amylase Activity 30,000 USP units *
    Protease Activity (Trypsin and Chymotrypsin) 30,000 USP units *
    Lipase Activity 2,400 USP units *
    Papain (2M USP units/mg) 180 mg *
    (360,000 USP units) *
    Bromelain (2400 GDU/g) 135 mg *
    (324 GDU) *
    Trypsin (75M USP units/mg) 72 mg *
    (5,400 USP units) *
    Chymotrypsin (1M USP units/mg) 3 mg *
    (3,000units) *
    Rutin 150 mg *

* Daily Value not established

ProEnzyme™ P is an all-natural enzymatic formula designed to help support joint and muscle mobility.*

Pregnant or lactating women should consult a health care professional prior to use.

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Product & Usage Information:

* Daily Use: Take three (3) tablets, two (2) times daily, just prior to meals, or as recommended by your health care professional.
    * Shelf Life: 2 years
    * Inactive Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, starch, stearic acid, silica, magnesium stearate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose phthalate (enteric coating).
    * Initial Source: Pancreatin, Trypsin and the Chymotrypsin
    * Processing: Raw materials are blended and tableted.
    * Contains No: Gluten
    * Contraindications: Those at risk for gastric or duode ulcers should consider avoiding systemic enzymes, which may aggravate ulcerated tissues. Pregnant or lactating women should consult a health care professional prior to use. ProEnzyme P™ also contains cornstarch and enzymes with specific protein markers. Persons highly sensitive to certain proteins or those with many allergies should consult a doctor before use.
    * Drug Interactions: Systemic enzymes may produce a modest anticoagulant effect and should not be used in combination with blood thinning agents.
  15. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Does ProenzymeP help with headaches? It seems like they might if it is a tension headache which is affected by inflammation. Thoughts?
  16. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Did you notice a difference pretty quickly or was it a week or two? How long before you could tell something good was happening?

Also, how many do you take per day? Jeanne, I know you said you only take one at a time, but how many do you take during the course of a day.

Kathy, how many do you take per day?

17. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Hi TwinMa
    I take 4 a day as recommended by my ND. I spread them throughout the day, away from meals. This seems to work for me, although the bottle says to take 3 at a time.

This last time when I went back on them, I noticed a difference within a couple of days. I really don't remember how long it was the first time I took them but I certainly remember that my pain had decreased.

Remember, we are all different! I wish you luck with them. It can be a great way to cut down on pain meds.

Kathy.
  18. Jeanne-in-Canada

only I find they work better, and had other benefits besides being just an anti-inflammatory. So I notice my swelling going down in about half an hour.

It's hard to say how many I take a day. My friend lent me 16 until my next shippment comes in and I plowed thru them in 3 days, but I was kind of catching up. Sometimes I only take a few, and I skip the odd day too.

Jeanne
  19. Jeanne-in-Canada

20. Jeanne-in-Canada