CAN'T HANDLE THE LEAST BIT OF STRESS (help)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sharon5650, Sep 3, 2003.

1. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

I KNOW WE ALL COUNTER STRESS IN OUR EVERYDAY LIVES, SOME DAYS MORE SOME DAYS LESS, AND OF COURSE WITH THIS DD IT HAS CREATED MORE IN US, JUST NOT BE ABLE TO DO THE THINGS WE ONCE COULD. NOWADAYS, I AM FINDING THAT I CAN'T HANDLE ANYTHING, EVEN NOISE BOTHERS ME, AND I AM FEELING SO BAD, AS I HAVE A YOUNG TEEN-AGE DAUGHTER AND SHE HAS HER FRIENDS OVER SOMETIMES, AND THEY GO IN HER ROOM AND PLAY THERE MUSIC AND TEND TO TALK LOUDER THAN I WOULD LIKE. AND COULD JUST ABOUT SCREAM FOR THEM TO SHUT-UP. ALL THE LITTLE THINGS STRESS ME OUT SO MUCH MORE THAN USUAL. HAS AN ARGUMENT WITH THE EX-HUSBAND YESTERDAY, OF COURSE IT WAS OVER MONEY., WELL I WAS SO SICK THE WHOLE NIGHT, MY BODY WAS LIKE A I HAD DEVELOPED BONE CANCER OVER NIGHT. I HAD A MIGRAINE, RUNNING TO THE BATHROOM. IT WAS AWFUL. I DID LEARN ONE THING FROM THIS, MY EX-HUSBAND IS VERY DANGEROUS TO MY HEALTH, HE WAS OF MY TOXIC PEOPLE I MUST STAY AWAY FROM. HE MAKES ME SO PHYSICALLY SICK, I COULD ACTUALLY VOMIT. IT IS TERRIBLE TO SAY BUT I AM SO SCARED EVERYDAY IN TO WHICH STRESS IS COMING MY WAY TODAY. I DID TAKE A STRESS MANAGEMENT COURSE AT ONE TIME, BUT LIKE EVERYTHING YOU FORGET AT THE MOMENT TO USE THE TOOLS. I AM A BIG WORRIER, WHICH CREATES A LONG OF STRESS. I AM TRYING EVERYDAY TO USE MEDITATIONS. EX; DON;T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF AND OTHER BOOKS LIKE THAT. IF THE CASHIERS ARE SLOW AT THE MALL I AM IN A SWEAT, AND COME HOME IN PAIN, AND HAVE TO LAY. THE WHOLE DAY SEEMS TO STRESS ME OUT. TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH I CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL THE DAY IS OVER, AND IT IS TIME TO GO TO BED. I CLOSE THE LIGHTS, AND THANK-GOD I MADE IT THROUGH ANOTHER CRAZY DAY, GOOD-NIGHT------THEN IT IS ABOUT IF I WILL SLEEP AND HOW MANY TIMES I WILL BE UP TO GO TO THE BATHROOM. ANOTHER STRESS CAN ANYONE RELATE TO THIS LIFESTYLE, OR AM I JUST GOING NUTS SHARON28
  2. tnnanatx

tnnanatx New Member

I feel just like you as a matter of fact it sounds like I wrote the post. It's this DD. I just want the old me back so bad. I just don't enjoy life anymore and dread everything. I just pray they will come up with a cure.

Soft Hugs,
    Trudi
  3. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi Sharon,
    I feel just the same & i may aswell have written that post,it"s soo hard to cope.
    I"ll pray for you girlfrend & i really hope this helps.
    Very very soft hugs to you (((((((((((((( May God bless you sharon d
  4. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

If you haven't already read it I would suggest you read Dr, Poesneckers book, "Chronic Fatigue Unmasked". It is all about people who have a hard time handling stress, such as those who find themselves suffering from agoraphobia- fear of going out into public because it's too stressful, and those whose anxiety results in toxic relationships, and those people who find waiting hard, etc.. He calls their condition Adrenal Syndrome and believes that the problem is due to a malfunction of their adrenal glands. He says that these people are often treated as "mental cases" when in fact the adrenal problem never gets addressed and the underlying physical problem- adrenal dysfunction- never gets treated. I was astounded how well he was able to describe what I had been going through for years and he never even met me. The clinic is in Pennsylvania if you live near there.
  5. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

Dealing with constant stress in the body puts you on a knife edge - I relate totally to what you say. If anybody asks something of me now I start to stress - I have a low tolerance these days, yet used to be the opposite.

You're already in an irritated/hyped state because your body is never normal - then add some environmental stress and you're soon in la la land. It's like someone has a needle in you all the time. Concentrate on yourself and shut out those environmental stimuli.

Peace and sanity will prevail:)

Best wishes
    Gill

6. babyjoan

babyjoan New Member

Yes...I to am a chronic worrier and am under enourmes stress at times (esp. at work). If I'm not worrying about my own stuff I'll worry about others problems. I believe this is a trait I inherited from my mother. She was always fretting about something. Just try to hang in there and if you have the energy, someday when your alone, put your face into a pillow and just scream as loud as you want. It helps sometimes. Keep coming to the board, we all help each other.
    (((hugs to you))) Joan
    [This Message was Edited on 09/04/2003]
  7. bsyounges

bsyounges New Member

i totally understand what you are talking about. one thing that helps me is the highly technical and scientifically proven technique of (i'm kidding here) *sitting quiet*. my husband will walk into the room and laugh and ask, "what are you doin? sitting quiet?" he knows the drill. i just have to sit down in the quietest space i can find, hands in my lap, eyes shut and sit quiet. it's no magic pill but it helps.

i have also noticed that just putting in a pair of the foamy/squishy kind of earplugs can reduce just enough of the outside stimuli to calm me down a little. it might be just enough to take the edge off once your daughter gets home. i know it helps when my child is home, er, i mean when my husband is home (same difference sometimes). by 5 pm on sunday the earplugs are definitely out.
    hope this helps, bsyounges
  8. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I would go to his website and read about this problem, which he says is the cause of FMS/CFS. Go to the bottom of the left side of his home page and click on "Archives". There is a weath of articles there about this. Many here are being treated for this, and he also offers treatment. I think this is a major part of our illness.
    BTW, many people with FMS/CFS feel ill when reading posts that are all in caps. I do not have this problem, but there are many here who will not read your post if you put it all in caps because it makes them dizzy or nauseous.
    Also, the website of Dr. Bruce Rind offers a lot of useful info on the glandular problems we have.
    Klutzo
  9. Bradly

Bradly New Member

I am the same way sometimes when it comes to noise. Like just a few minutes ago I had the TV on and had to turn it off because it was driving me crazy. I like having a fan on because I usually feel hot and sometimes I can't stand the noise of this. Another thing I can't stand is if people are talking to me at the same time the TV or the radio is on. I feel good that I am not the only one with this.
  10. perkigurl31

perkigurl31 New Member

Boy, do I feel like I looked in the mirror reading your post!! I have the EXACT same things happen to me. It is smart to avoid the things that cause you to trigger. (like an ex!!) I can't believe what you wrote, I didn't think anyone was like me in all those ways!!! Take care and knowing that someone else is just like you. Blessed with pain free days.

Love,
    Perkigur31