Can't Keep Away...... I'm Baaaaaack !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Francey54, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

My Loving Friends......

Away from here I can not be.....
    Because you are all truly family....

Moderators and members to understand....
    Our mission here is to vent our pain and lend a helping hand.....

Our plates are full of different ills.....
    Heads and bodies racked by so many pills.....

Compassion, concern and heartfelt affection.....
    Our motto is and gone are any future defections....

No more misunderstandsings and hurt feelings will there be..
    And it will all start today with little old ME.....

Francey

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Everyone:

I was away for 5 days and it felt like eternity. I miss all of you very much and need to be here. This is my home and home is where the heart is.

Our illnesses can only be understood by those who have it.
    This is my story for this past weekend:

Saturday night I went with my husband to a small party at his insistence. There were some people there that I had not seen in about two years. (I have turned into a hermit). They all know that I am ill as my husband has told them that that is why they don't see me much anymore.

It was the most horrible night. Everyone had an opinion as to how I should treat my illnesses, get out and enjoy life, my husband needs to have a "healthy" wife and that I should get over it! It was useless to try and make them understand as they said "You don't look sick"! The famous phrase we all hear. How I hate it! Anway I went home feeling like a Martian, as if I had been beamed down from outer space to a place where no one has a clue as to who I am nor how I feel.

So here I am, back where I should be on the "planet" of the FMers and CFSers where we are all the same. I am back to share with you my happinesses and despair, cry with you through your sadnesses and pain, and cheer you on as you have all done for me.

Much love and many hugs
    your true friend,

Francey
  2. ckk

ckk New Member

welcome back! so sorry to hear about the party. but i know all to well and i have certainly been there before. dont you just love the way everybody becomes such an expert on the subject? anyway, so glad to have you back cant wait to start talking more to you.
    ckk
  3. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

glad to see you hear again Francey,

I am too sorry to hear about the party.

:)
  4. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I'm sorry the party wasn't fun like it should have been. Sounds like the wrong people were there to me. A friend is who you should see at parties! And the things they said to you were't friendly at all. It's all I can do to not make a list of semi-nasty comebacks for when you see them again! But, I'll resist going sarcastic on strangers. It's enough to have you back!

love,

Francie
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm glad you found your way back. This truly is the one place where we can feel understood and supported.

Kathy.
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

You are a sweet and caring person and we need your input here.

Sorry about that party - been there, done that. You are amongst friends here and will find true understanding of what you are living with.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  7. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

back,welcome back, welcome back!!

Dani
  8. over50

over50 New Member

But,so sorry you had such a crappy night. All the "experts" are so disgusting. I hope you could find a little part of the night that was fun.
    We should come up with some good comebacks for the know it alls.
    Welcome home.Love,Linda
  9. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

SO GLAD YOUR BACK!

I have had the same thing happen to me around friends, family, strangers, doctors...which is why I'm a hermit.

People don't understand and some are very insensitive and ignorant, like those people at that pary.

Yup, we need each other here, which is why we need to be kind to each other too, even if we don't see eye to eye.

So glad your back! :)
    [This Message was Edited on 09/27/2005]
  10. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

I am sooooooooooooo happy to hear from you guys.

Yep I missed you lots and lots too.

Started answering posts like crazy tonight. Feels so good.

Love and hugs,
    Francey
  11. JLH

JLH New Member

Welcome Home, Francey!!!!!!!!

So glad to see that you're back with us!!

Your friend,
    Janet
  12. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Welcome home:)
    Sorry this week was a hard on. That's why I don't go out much. To group things.

This week everyone said "So you're getting better" I answered, "Yes, I'm not in bed in a comatose state!".

I'm so happy you are back and sharing.

Take care
    Dee50
    [This Message was Edited on 09/27/2005]
  13. bozey

bozey New Member

Welcome back

bozey
  14. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

First of all, I love the poem. I assume you wrote it. As for the party, what a disaster that was for you! I hope your husband doesn't try and push you into going again! I can't believe how insensitive people are. Everyone's an "expert" on FMS and how to "cure" us. Of course as you said, we don't look sick. I always point out to people that lots of people have serious illnesses and don't necessarily look sick.

Do you have any other people in your life that offer support (besides us)? What did your husband say about all this? I have definitely learned to stay away from nonsupportive, judgemental people as much as possible. You don't need people getting you stressed out and upset-it certainly doesn't help our pain level.

Sending you a much needed hug-((((((hug))))))

Ellen
  15. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

Missed seeing your posts. Sorry the party went the way it did. I wish those people had to put up with this for just one week - maybe they would change their tune!

Kelly
  16. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Welcome back Hun!!!

So sorry the party was no Fun, like it should have been.

If only they could walk in our shoes for about a week, they would understand.

Just so happy to see your back...Welcome Home!!

((((Hugs))))
    Bluerose
  17. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

im so sorry about the 'party'. have you spoke about this to your husband?
    did he not stand up for you?
    gggrrrrrr. some people. you are not a martian, but then my mum does insist she is from nano-nano.
  18. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Francey, I'm so very happy to see you here, even though I haven't been here very much myself. Have been going to bed earlier and had appointments during the day and just no time to read much on here.

Welcome home!

Love,
    Faye
    I rarely get out to social events anymore either. Know what you are going through. [This Message was Edited on 09/28/2005]
  19. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

...she's back! Wonderful!
  20. nina2

nina2 New Member

I knew you'd be back soon, and I'm happy that you are.
    (((hugs)))
    nina