Can't keep my eye's open......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 2BPainfree, Dec 18, 2002.

1. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

What is going on with me????

Over the last 4-5 years I have been suffering from fatigue pain and pure exhaustion at times, but over the last few days from the minute I wake up, it's everything I can do to keep my eyes open!!

Usually I only fight the heavy eyelids when I read...but for the last few days it's happening all day long, even happening while I drive!

I took samples of providgil last week a few times (for far less symptoms than this) haven't been able to take it this week because both yesterday and today I have had the SPECT brain scanning done, no stimulants of any kind allowed.....(Can't wait to find the out results from the scan!)

I am wondering if the providgil I took last week may have further exhausted my adrenals?? Has anyone else experianced this? Thank GOD...I'm having a sleep study done soon, I can't take much more of this. Seems it's just never ending, on from one thing to the next...or when I'm REAL lucky, get to keep all the symptoms of everything at once... Weeeeee!!!

Geeezzz, the light at the end of my tunnel is a little faded right now...has anyone got a flashlight??!!

Susan B.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Can't help with your question, but just wanted to say that I hope you get it all straightened out and that you are feeling better soon.

I get fatigued sometimes that does me what you described, but it only lasts about three days at a time.

I get so exausted that opening my eyes is too much trouble or effort!

Take care, and let us know how you are doing.

Shalom,Shirl

3. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

I appreciate your responses!

I am just SO tired of being tired (like everyone else!)
    I will check into my meds...there's got to be a better way.

Susan B.

4. teach6

teach6 New Member

I have been where you are. I found myself walking with my eyes closed, both at school, right before I went out on leave, and when I was out walking my dog.

Now after a year of treatment I am doing a tad better, but still deal with the fatigue every day. I've learned to balance my active times and my rest so I don't overdo it. I absolutely must take a nap every afternoon. With the stimulants I've tried I was unable to do that, so I was still exhausted, but couldn't sleep during the day.

Next thing I'm trying is undenatured whey protein from the store at this site. If I find it helpful I'll post about it.

Barbara
  5. Monk

Monk New Member

Susan,

I had the same problem and my doctor recommended a sleep study (boy did I fight this). I was able to go to sleep very easily, and it seemed like I slept through the whole night without any problems but the next morning it was all I could do to keep my eyes open.

Long story short, I went for the sleep study and was diagnosed with sleep apnea. The fix was a CPAP, but I never could get used to it so I went to my dentist and he suggested making me a night-time appliance (an Orthotic) to help reposition my lower jaw to move it forward in an attempt to open up the airways.

Well, it worked. I am doing much better than when I wore the CPAP. I don't think it is a complete cure but will be going back for another sleep study to determine how much I have improved.

If you are grinding your teeth at night it would be a good idea to get fitted for one anyway.

Steve
  6. Nana2my4

Nana2my4 New Member

I am also a CFS sufferer and I am haviing a very hard time now.

Your comment about holding your eyes open, do you mean sleepy or are you unable to physically hold your eyes open?
    If the latter is the case, please ask your dr. to test you for myasthena gravis (spelled corrctly?) The first symptom of MG is the inability to hold your eyelids open.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other!!!

Sincerely,
    Kitty