can't laugh so depressed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrstyedawg, May 2, 2006.

1. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

this disease has finally got me. i can't smile or laugh anymore. i don't even know this person that i have become. I am so depressed. life is so hard and just getting harder SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 05/02/2006]
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I can totally relate. Sometimes I just don't care anymore. The only thing that really makes me laugh is playing with my 4 3/4 yr. old grandson!

Do you have the chance to get out and do things with other people or are you totaly confined at home?
  3. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I do get out some, but it is so hard that I mostly stay home. i'm just having a really really bad day. thanks for replying
  4. NashCag

NashCag New Member

I've noticed the same thing about myself, I find it hard to laugh anymore. This Illness is crippling, not just to the body but to the soul as well. But I fight it with everything I have. When I notice myself getting sad, I do everything I can to change my outlook, but it is getting harder. I've been sick for about 7 years now, and it does take its toll.
    Can you think of anything do to to keep our spirits up?
    I have a funny dog, and cat, and they do their best to keep a smile on my face. I also live with my mom, whose got ALS,
    and she keeps me from staying Blue too long, I need to stay positive for her.
    Anyway, find a positive force in your life (even if it's something silly) and hang on to it. It might help get you through.
    Also remember, you have friends here.. :)