CANT LAY CANT SIT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GRUMPYGRAN, Dec 19, 2010.

1. GRUMPYGRAN

GRUMPYGRAN New Member

I HAVE BEEN SICK FOR ABOUT 11 YEARS NOW AND I THINK I CAN DEAL WITH ALOT OF THINGS BUT TRYING TO SLEEP IS ANOTHER.DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ON MAKING BED A LITTLE MORE COMFORTABLE.I HAVE WENT THROUGH A BUNCH OF MATRESSES .SEEMS LIKE THE ONLY WAY FOR ME TO SLEEP IS ON STOMACH,ANY OTHER WAY IS LIKE LAYING ON A BED OF NAILS .I SOMETIMES SLEEP ON COUCH SITTING IN UPRIGHT POSSIOSION.
  2. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

So sorry you're having such a hard time! It's miserable if you can't get comfortable to sleep...

My Grandmother slept in her recliner, after going through many different mattresses. I slept in a recliner when I was nursing my youngest.

I pray you find some help soon! Lack of sleep adds to pain.

God bless,
    Debbie
  3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

is an ongoing quest in my life. I have an adjustable bed and use a gel-based matress topper along with several pillows including a big body pillow. However, I often sleep in my recliner, as my body is in less pain when I'm in a semi-sitting position.

A good night's sleep seems to be a thing out of my past so lately I"ve been managing with several good cat-naps night and day. Whenever my body will let me, that's when I've been sleeping.

I can have a difficult time sleeping if there's something on my mind or something I've left undone. One thing that helps me in this regard is list-making. If I can't sleep because of something that needs to be done, oftentimes just writing the task down (to deal with in the morning) will take it off my mind long enough to sleep.

Stretch and relaxation exercises are helpful and some of the guided meditiation tapes / mp3 can be helpful. Sleep is critical to pain management and one of the biggest indicators of quality of life

God bless,
    Anne Theresa