Can't plan anything

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Jun 5, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

I have been planning to go to my cousins graduation in Utah for about a month. We were gonna spend some time in Vegas for a few days also. The flight leaves early Wed. morn. I am about to back out and feel so bad about it.

I just don't feel good and I know I will push myself too much if I go and I would probably have a major after flare when it is all over. I went about 2 months ago, and was only gone for about 2 days and was down for 2 weeks after I got home.

We are supposed to be gone for about a week this time. It is times like this that really get me down having this dd, because you can't hardly plan anything for fear of not knowing what your gonna feel like from one day to another. I feel like I am letting everyone down, especially my cousin that is graduating.

I can still go, I have until tomorrow evening to change my mind, but I get all stressed out just thinking about packing. I don't know what to do. Stay home or take a chance. Thanks for listening. What would you do if you were me?
  2. ulala

ulala New Member

to plan anything. I hate it!!

One thing that has helped me in the past is if I have something very important, like family members coming to visit me I ask my doctor for some prednisone. Presnisone suppresses the immune system. I assume that if this disease is caused by viruses then it would supress the virus while you're taking it.

Doctors don't like to give steroids but it has helped me in the past to join in on the fun.

I would take a very low dose, maybe 5 mgs. per day during their visit and when they left take 5 mgs. every other day for a day or two and then stop.

Just a thought!

Good luck!!
  3. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I would be as stressed as you are. I am supposed to go to a graduation in 2 weeks and I an already stressing about it. If you do go, try to figure out ways to slip out (maybe to your hotel room?) and rest each day. This may help you not get down to bad when you come home. A hard decision......good luck.
  4. petsrme

petsrme Member

My brother is taking me to a Madonna concert in July in Boston. It will be about a fourteen to fifteen hour drive for us. I dread it so badly. I love him and loved Madonna when I was a kid, but I am so afraid I will be sick or get sick on the trip. I also know I will suffer terribly with fever, chills and aches for at least a week when we get home. I am going to go though, because I go on trips with my husband when he begs me to, so I feel the least I can do is go with my brother who is paying for my ticket and wants us to spend this time together.

I know we will have fun, I am just scared, so I know exactly how you feel. I hope if you do decide to go that you have fun and don't suffer too much. If you don't go don't feel bad, no one but you knows how you will suffer and it should be your decision.
  5. ohmygoodness

ohmygoodness New Member

Been here, doing that still. I hate to travel, hate beds other than my own. Hate to be out of my routine. But when I have to do it I make sure I have my meds, my heat packs, ice packs, etc. etc. My family in Phila is aware of my situation and when I hit a wall they understand. I pay for it when I return, it takes awhile to come off of the whole thing. But if I was OK for that time, reasonable, then I feel blessed. That's all you can do. You need to educate your family too. They really need to believe you. It took awhile for my husband and now he knows when I'm out of it I'm out of it, no questions asked. BAsically I tell them, if you cannot understand this then I won't come, if you can try to understand and work with me on this then I'll try my best. I'm not fooling this hurts. Again I had prior experience with my son who is autistic. When he was 4 we went out to Phila to visit. I had a laundry list of concerns and demands, my relatives were not impressed. I said you want to see us you do this, if you don't you won't see us. It worked. His safety was my priority just as my health is my priority now.
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

kriket:

I totally identify with the trouble of long term planning. Yet, if I were you I would go on the trip but set limitations as to how much you will do, taking quiet time alone in your room to rest, etc. Do everything to make the trip comfortable for you.

Just a suggestion. Whatever you do I hope all goes well for you.

nyrofan
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

It is now 1:30pm here and I only have a few hrs. to decide. I still can't make up my mind. I am having bit of trouble finding someone to fill in for me this weekend, but that's not the real concern. I just got up about 4 hrs. ago and now I am dog tired. I am stressing from weighing the odds of going or not going. Oh well, if I decide to go I will be gone from the board for about a week. I'll let ya'll know what I decide to do.

Kriket
  8. libra55

libra55 New Member

my doctor put me back on the pred for one wk so I could get thru my daughter's graduation and some other activities, but i have Crohn's in addition to FM.

the pred is great but not for long term.

I have to take my daughter to her college orientation in 2 wks, there is a program for parents to, i think it includes a day trip and some social activities, i'm not sure how strenous it is, I am very nervous about it. I think i will call the college first and explain my situation.

it is indeed frustrating, we can't plan anything we never know how we will feel. and then we pay for it afterword.

Michelle
    [This Message was Edited on 06/06/2006]
  9. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

It never fails, if I plan something and promise someone I'll do it, I have a flare!

I used to show my dog in Rally Obedience but now just thinking about getting there, setting up, showing, walking around, etc., is too daunting.

I am taking this Friday off to go to a carving rendovous about 45 miles away. I plan to go Friday and Saturday and drive down both days. I had a friend who was going to go and she backed out. It's not that I HAVE to go, but I've been waiting for this all year!

Wish I could figure some way to help you. I have just stayed at the hotel while the family went and did things if I was too tired. Not fun and they feel bad leaving me, but I don't want to ruin their vacation and having everyone in the hotel while I want to sleep doesn't work either.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  10. kriket

kriket New Member

at the last min. not to go. I just feel like crap and don't even feel like packing my stuff. I will be missing out on a lot and am down about that. I am already in a flare now from trying to decide wheather to go or not. I am not very happy right now with this DD. I get so sick of it controling me. My back feels like it has about 10 knives sticking in it right now.

Kriket
  11. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

You are the only one who knows how you feel. If you are too sick to even pack, then you made the right decision. Now don't spend any time feeling guilty or regretting the fact that you could not go. My sister's son passed away last year. He was 21 years old. I was so sick that I could not go to the funeral. If I would have pushed myself to go, I would have really set myself up for a major flare. My sister insisted that I not go. I felt so bad about missing the funeral, but I know thatI made the right decision.

Like I said, only you know how you feel and how much you can do.
  12. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I know what you feel like.

This pas weekend we had an office picinic. I was expected to bring things. That morning I called and backed out.
    I felt so bad on myself.

I didnt even want to go to work on Monday to face the office. When I did go to the office in the morning I expected to hear everyone chatting about the picinic but really nobody did. Then I thought well maybe they are mad am I getting the cold shoulder. But as the day went on everyone was talking with me like nothing happened.

But I stressed about should I go or should I call out. I was already not feeling well. My son was not feeling well, and the stressing made me feel worse. Took me until today to feel little better.

A have done the back out at last minute on other important events too. I know were your comming from.

I truly hope you feel better soon.

God Bless,
    Cin