Can't see the forest for the fog... help me get through today...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SoxFan, Sep 1, 2005.

1. SoxFan

SoxFan New Member

I stayed home from work yesterday, using the 4th out of my 5 precious sick days. Had to go go work today or I don't get paid for the holiday (besides, I didn't want to use up that last day...)

I feel as though I'm sleepwalking. I have two meetings starting in 15 minutes, and I don't know how I'm going to comprehend or focus on the conversation. I look like hell - my skin is grey, and my eyes are drooping.

Just let me make it through today...
  2. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

take lots of notes!!! If you look as bad as you say I don't think too many people will expect a whole lot from you. There ae advantages to looking like hell.

(I'm experimenting with optomism here)

-Michele
  3. SoxFan

SoxFan New Member

Thank God it was only 15 minutes, and not very eventful. I kept thinking of the old "Peanuts" cartoons, when the teacher is talking and all you hear is "whap whap whap whap...".
  4. vickiw

vickiw Member

I feel for you!!!

I have been in meetings when I was in such a fog, I would strain to understand the person talking, and not be able to comprehend what they were saying AT ALL. I would wonder to myself if anyone understood it. Then...people would start answering and making comments that showed they knew what was going on. It was only ME that couldn't catch on.

At some point, I would be called on to make comments. I would say something and hope it sounded coherent. Most times, I think I fooled 'em, but there were times when the others in the room looked at me like "whaat??"

This is one of the reasons I'm currently on short term disability. Too many meetings and no brain to bring along.

I hope you get through your day OK.

Vicki
  5. SoxFan

SoxFan New Member

It helps just to know that there are others who understand!

Vicki - I took a look at your profile. Your son is quite the "hottie" - gotta love a man in uniform! Seriously, I wish him the very best, as well as his wife and the rest of his friends and family who must miss him terribly. That must be very hard for all of you.

I have been struggling lately with the decision to go out on disability again. I was out for 6 months when I first became ill. I'm afraid I would never return to work, though. Are you planning to go back, vicki? What kind of work do you do?
  6. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

Regarding..."looking like Hell"...I wish this COULD serve as evidence of our true condition.

Unfortunately (in my case) when I was lookin my worst at work, people (and bosses) would infer that I was spending too much time partying!

HA! If only.....
  7. zoemurr

zoemurr New Member

I have had terrible fog since Christmas or so. Feeling like I am not really there. I tried a new chiro and she started me on DSF Herbal, a supplement from Nutri-West. Wow.. after the first 3 the fog was way down.. I don't know if it would do the same for you but I will never be without it.

HTH
  8. SoxFan

SoxFan New Member

Whew! Work day is over. I feel better just knowing I have 3 days off in front of me. I have two kids in soccer tournaments this weekend, so I'll be doing a little running around, but it is more restful and less stressful than being in work.

Thanks to all for your support and help in making it over the "hump" today. It really helps just knowing I have somewhere to vent!