Can't sleep anybody up on east coast at 4:15am

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dlee, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Dlee

Dlee New Member

I started new med today .Just what I need for something to keep me up.I've been up since 2:15 and I went to bed at 11:15p.m.Ive email my sis and had the pity party there so I'm not going to bore you with that,maybe I should and i't will put you to sleep!Thanks for all your help I 've learn so much from you guys and I do know i'm not alone.......Donna
  2. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Here I was thinking that I was the only one in the world awake at this time. Of course, it's only 1:30 here in Oregon.
    Kathryn
  3. Dlee

Dlee New Member

We are on differt coast are you up because you can't sleep?Do you take something or what? I get so much help and infro form this site.You guys care so much......Donna
  4. camelgirl

camelgirl New Member

i'm usually sleeping by 11 or 12, but wake up at 3, 4, 5, whenever...i usually go outside for a smoke, come here and check on things, then, depending on how awake i am, i try to go back to sleep...i usually proceed to toss and turn for a couple hours and then i get up...it really sucks when i have to be at work at 6 or 7!...i know how you feel, trust me...i've tried all the sleeping meds, and they work for a couple weeks at the most, and then they stop working all together, so i don't take anything anymore...try a hot bath before bed, sometimes that helps me:)
    peace,hugs,god bless, camelgirl
  5. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Maybe we should start a "Night Owl Club". I am up late almost every night. It was really hard when I was still working and had to leave home at 4:00AM, and was still awake at 3:00. My doctor tried me on several sleep medications, and they all had exactly the opposite effect as desired. They kept me awake for 12 - 24 hours. Just a wee bit counter productive. Fortunately, I am now retired and can sleep when I am sleepy, rather than when I should. My husband gets up every morning to get our grandson off to school, so he goes to sleep on the couch shortly after supper. I stay awake until 2 - 3, reading this site and my MG club messages, take the puppy out a few times and sit by the creek watching the wildlife, and wake hubby up so he can go to bed. Saturday nights are the worst, because there is nothing on TV except infomercials. At least if there is a good movie on, I can just about guarantee that I will fall asleep before I am 30 minutes into it.
    Kathryn
  6. MildredAnn

MildredAnn New Member

I, too, can not get a full nights sleep. I finally had a sleep test done and was diagnosed with mild sleep apena and prescribed a CPAP machine. Thus far I have not been able to adjust to the machine. I usually sleep 4 -5 hours during the night, get up and read, or do e-mails, go back to bed and then sleep off and on for about 1 -2 hours. Sometimes I take a 10 20 minute nap in the afternoons. The sleep test did show I do not get in the the Stage 4 sleep, which makes me generally feel tired. Since retiring I do get more sleep because I can sleep whenever I choose to do so. Sleep medications have not been very helpful and after being diagnosed with sleep apena I was told it could be dangerous. Therefore, I just try to sleep when I feel sleepy and get a little exercise each day. Wishing you a long restful night filled with wonderful dreams.

Mildred

[ advertisement ]