Can't Sleep, Can't Stay Awake

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KittyCat, May 20, 2003.

1. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

Hi Everyone,
    How do you all work around this dilemma? I get up in the mornings for work feeling like I've been run over by a truck - so very tired and sleepy - pretty much all day. Then when it's time for bed, I do fall asleep, but I almost always wake up 3-4 times during the night and the cycle repeats itself. I guess this is just part of this DD?

Thanks for listening!
  2. Lendi

Lendi New Member

And, I especially hate it, on the weekends when I can sleep if I want to. I am too tired to do anything, can hardly stay awake, can not keep my head up or my eyes open, but if I try to go to sleep...nope. Doesn't happen. I hate that feeling of neither here nor there. I take restoril now and that has helps me sleep at night. But, it still doesn't help when I'm in a flair during the day. And, neuro wants me off of it cause it is addictive. He said I'd keep having to increase for it to work. But right now, I can't even imagine going back to no sleep at night.
  3. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

I am very blessed that for the most part I sleep very well, even though I never feel like it and that truck seems to roll through my bedroom too :)
    The most important thing for me is to go to bed and get up around the same time everyday. (work day or not) The routine seems to help me be able to do to sleep.
    Also, if you are resting do that on the couch. Save your bed for sleeping. It's like a signal to my brain that I have crawled in there to sleep.
    Good luck

[ advertisement ]