Can't sleep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pinky, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Pinky

Pinky New Member

I was just wondering what you all take to help you get sleep? I am presently taking 10mg Ambien, I usually fall asleep within minutes but cannot stay asleep or get into a deep sleep. I just started taking ZMA but I still have trouble sleeping and am tired all the time. Any suggestions??? I feel if I could just get a good nights sleep I would feel better!
    Debbie
  2. Pinky

Pinky New Member

I was just wondering what you all take to help you get sleep? I am presently taking 10mg Ambien, I usually fall asleep within minutes but cannot stay asleep or get into a deep sleep. I just started taking ZMA but I still have trouble sleeping and am tired all the time. Any suggestions??? I feel if I could just get a good nights sleep I would feel better!
    Debbie
  3. Fibrobeachbum

Fibrobeachbum New Member

I have the same problem but when the doc puts me on meds to help sleep I have adverse reactions and stay awake even more, so I can not take them. Good look in finding something that will work.
    Ann
  4. Fairyeyes

Fairyeyes New Member

I take Melatonin and Valerian root for sleepless nights. If I take them in combination, within a half hour, I can hardly keep my lids open. I do not suffer a "hangover" effect in the morning from this.

I'm also a firm believer in the old fashioned cup of warm milk at bedtime.
  5. MsJoey

MsJoey New Member

think I'm on (illegal!) drugs since I am up wandering around the house at all hours, and out onto my patio to smoke and have coffee. No one would believe it. A LOT of times, my husb. is just coming to bed and I'd be getting up! Then I catch an hours nap somewhere if I can before I have to go to work. Even if I take ambien, it's the same thing. My husb is finally a believer in this DD because he sees all the weird things I do & go through!!! So it's no wonder I feel like night of the living dead all throughout the day!!! Sometimes I can "psyche" myself into getting back to sleep, but it's very rare. Oh, yeah, and I look really cute at all those ungodly hours too. Hair sticking up everywhere, old ratty green bathrobe (it's COMFY!) and my leopard print slippers. Heehee. At least the cats aren't afraid of me yet.
  6. Mike

Mike New Member

Ambien never worked for me. I would suggest Elavil or Desyrel if fatigue is not your main problem. If fatigue is your main problem you may be required to take too much (25 mg of Elavil) to make you sleep which will probably make your fatigue worse.

Good Luck

Mike
  7. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I was having probs sleeping too--I started out on 20 mgs. of Elavil at bedtime. That wasn't enough, so I raised it gradually, and I am now at 60mg. at bedtime...and it's working well. I don't feel hungover the next day.
    Karen
  8. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

The doctor gave me this stuff called Aterax, I'm probably not spelling it right. It works a bit, but you get such a bad fatigue hangover from it the whole next day that it's a waste to even take it. I'm tired of not getting enough sleep and then feeling like I need to sleep. It's just awful. And I keep thinking that if I can just get a full night's sleep, I'd feel better. It's so frustrating. I'm always tired lately. And I have alot of trouble even getting to sleep. Then if I'm lucky enough to get any, I get vivid dreams because my sleeping isn't hitting REM or something. I wish there was an easy solution.

TeaBisqit
  9. marinemom

marinemom New Member

I presently am on Restaril. It really helps alot! The main problem is that I can't take it every night. My husband is out of town and being a "single mom" makes me worry that my youngun' will need me and I won't be able to hear him! Of course he's 12, but he's still my baby!!!

But it does work for me! If I'm real tense, I will also take a couple of Valarian Root capsules too.

Hope this helps.

(((((((Hugs)))))))
    Kathy